The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-06-2002, 06:08 AM

Very nice! I love Lakewood guitars. In fact I'd like to get the New Century model. Interesting that I worked in pharmacy for years and no one knew what Rx meant. I looked at the magic symbol inlays on their website and found out it means "to take". (Okay, so that's probably only interesting to me.)
Old 12-06-2002, 12:59 PM

Default What a looker!!

Awesome guitar!

Inlays are beautiful and unusual and the deepness of the cedar makes me bet that thing sounded great right out of the box. I have maple binding on my Larrivee and I love it. Also have deep western red cedar top on my K14c that I'm real partial to.: pics

I need to run and get some GASx because I feel it coming on again......
2000 Samick SAN-450 (ES-335 copy just for kicks!)
1989 Fender American Tele
Yamaha Gut-string
Kramer Vanguard w/Original Flloyd Rose

Next????!!!
Old 12-07-2002, 10:42 AM
jim022

Thumbs up

Taylorfirst,

Thanks, looked at the pics of your guitars. Beautiful, love the K14c in particular, never tried one myself (not got round to it) what's it like tonally? I'd imagine almost like maple but with a little more bass, maybe quite midrangy?

(CPMusic) Chris, I have the mic positioned towards the soundboard and the endpin jack. I plan to sometime get another mic added, specifically to pick up sounds from deeper within the guitar as I use it percussively but live some of the things I play dont quite come out as they sound acoustically as the mic is'nt picking it up at the same level as the percussive playing over the top.
Old 12-07-2002, 10:42 PM

Congrats on that axe. That is one beautiful guitar - great inlays and one of the straightest, tightest grains of cedar I've ever seen. Would love to hear it. Enjoy.
Taylor 314ce-LTD
Alberico OM
Collings OM-2H
Breedlove Phoenix
Santa Cruz 000
Taylor GSRC
Gibson J-185
Breedlove SJ-25-12
Taylor GC5
Collings SJ
Taylor T5 Standard
Guild GAD-4N
Taylor MAH-GS LTD
Guild F-1512 12 String
Fender Standard Stratocaster

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification