The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 05-15-2017, 03:13 PM

Smile Halcyon Guitars

I received my Halcyon guitar Friday. Ed Bond exhibits really fine guitar-making skills. It is without a doubt the finest guitar I have ever played and owned. I am almost 71 and have owned close to 50 guitars in my life. These include various high end Martins and Taylors and one custom made 12 string from a Luthier in Ohio.

The sound is rich and deep (rounded dreadnaught size with cutaway). The neck is perfect to my specifications. The design is simple and elegant. It is just an amazing guitar.

But the most pleasing part of this purchase centered on Ed himself. He kept me informed all the way sending me developmental pictures as he progressed. He responded to emails promptly and did not think any of my questions were inappropriate. Just a great experience.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSalty View Post
I received my Halcyon guitar Friday. Ed Bond exhibits really fine guitar-making skills. It is without a doubt the finest guitar I have ever played and owned. I am almost 71 and have owned close to 50 guitars in my life. These include various high end Martins and Taylors and one custom made 12 string from a Luthier in Ohio.

The sound is rich and deep (rounded dreadnaught size with cutaway). The neck is perfect to my specifications. The design is simple and elegant. It is just an amazing guitar.

But the most pleasing part of this purchase centered on Ed himself. He kept me informed all the way sending me developmental pictures as he progressed. He responded to emails promptly and did not think any of my questions were inappropriate. Just a great experience.
Welcome to the forum Richard. Ed makes some beauties for sure. FWIW, I'm sure you'd get some attention if you posted your NGD on the General Discussion section of AGF. And.... pictures would be very nice. Enjoy.
Old 05-16-2017, 12:22 PM

Default Me too

Richard,

Although no where near as experienced in playing as you, I had the same experience with my Halcyon. My Tinker sounds darn good too !

Congratulations on an awesome purchase on what is IMO truly a world class guitar form a world class builder. Halcyon's are a steal at any price, IMO.

Welcome to the family !

Peace

John
13 Fret Charis SJ
Martin D-41
Halcyon 12 Fret 000
A&L Ami
McIlroy A30c
Taylor 610 LTD
Martin DCPA1
Seagull Original
Gretsch White Falcon
Epi LP 60's Tribute Plus (Ebony)
Epi LP 60's Tribute Plus (HC Burst)
Epi Swingster Royale
Gibson LP Trad Pro II
Godin Exit 22
Old 05-16-2017, 01:24 PM
Music soothes the soul!

Never had the pleasure to play one but would like to see some pics.

Congrats!
Old 05-16-2017, 04:32 PM
AGF Sponsor

Hello Richard,

We sure would love to see some pictures.

Joel

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.
0000/Auditorium, Sitka/Indonesian RW

‘93 Taylor 712 (I spent 20 years trying to convince the owner to sell me this guitar)

‘95 Taylor Limited Edition GAWS (I traded my Gibson J-200 for this guitar in ‘95)

TWO HANDS GUITARS
Old 05-16-2017, 04:43 PM

This thread is doubled in the General forum, I put some iPhone photos from our FB page up...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop