The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 04-26-2015, 11:22 PM
Charter Member

Default May 3: Mark Goldenberg, Steve Baughman, Doug Young in San Jose

For those in the South Bay, I'm hosting a remarkable show next Sunday night, May 3, 7:30 PM at "The Woodshed", held inside St James Anglican Church, 1565 Lincoln Ave, San Jose. I'll be joined by Mark Goldenberg and Steve Baughman, both exceptional guitarists, composers, arrangers, and all around fun guys.

Mark was Jackson Browne's lead guitarist for many years, and has also performed with Linda Ronstadt, Peter Frampton, Willie Nelson and dozens more. He written hit tunes for people like the Pointer Sisters and Chicago.

Steve's an eclectic guitarist, known by many here for coining the name "Orkney" for the tuning he frequently uses, and plays everything from beautiful arrangements of Irish and Scottish traditional tunes to old timey banjo, clawhammer guitar, and even the occasional pop tune.

This is going to be the last show at the current venue under the Woodshed banner, and I'm not sure if/when we'll start up again, so if you've ever thought about attending one of these events, now's the time. Most of the audience is typically guitarists, and you might even encounter the odd AGF member or two, so it's a great place to connect with others as well as hear some music in a totally listening environment with great sound, three guitarists playing round-robin.

Here's a taste of both Steve and Mark:

Old 04-27-2015, 12:27 AM

How does one sign up for this event?

Old 04-27-2015, 08:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotownJG View Post
How does one sign up for this event?

If you want to attend, just show up! This has been a regular event (with different players), every 1st Sunday of the month, for the past 10 or 11 years, but we're losing this venue, so there will be a break while I figure out other options. If you want to be notified of future events, you can join my mailing list - theres a sign up box on my website homepage.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:07 AM

Default Guitar always sounds better on a full belly

Go to the show early and dine at John's Greek and Italian on Lincoln. You will not be disappointed. In fact I was totally blown away. Some of the tastiest fare I have had in years.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases