The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 06-04-2016, 03:19 PM

I played a Cordoba Orchestra CE today. It sounded very good and played well but the action was a bit too high and I could tell there wasn't enough room left on the saddle to sand it down enough.

I also played a few Godin Multiac's but no one had the "Slim" version which I wanted to test drive.

The NX700's get good reviews but I just haven't bonded with them.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:45 PM

I looked at several of the NX700's a bunch of times at my local GC's. I always liked the looks and feel of them. But every one of them played like there was a something muffling the sound when played unplugged.

I settled on the Cordoba GK PRO... it had the looks and feel AND had great sound unplugged.
2011 Godin Jazz model archtop
Old 06-05-2016, 06:07 AM

There is a guitar for sale locally. The label says Classical Guitar Series remona CL650MC But before the "remona" is either a fancy capital "K" or "R"…I'm wondering if it's a Kremona knock off or an older model?

Any ideas?
Old 06-05-2016, 08:33 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkstott View Post
I looked at several of the NX700's a bunch of times at my local GC's. I always liked the looks and feel of them. But every one of them played like there was a something muffling the sound when played unplugged.

I settled on the Cordoba GK PRO... it had the looks and feel AND had great sound unplugged.
Hard to beat a GK Pro for an electric cutaway. And despite being made in China, they are wonderful sounding, playing instruments. I think that the (made in China) Luthier line is as good or better than the (made in Spain) Espana line... having owned several examples from each.
Old 06-05-2016, 02:08 PM

Location: New Zealand, South Island, way down toward the bottom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorquin View Post
There is a guitar for sale locally. The label says Classical Guitar Series remona CL650MC But before the "remona" is either a fancy capital "K" or "R"…I'm wondering if it's a Kremona knock off or an older model?

Any ideas?
It's a Kremona - can't tell you where/when it was made, but I also can't imagine someone going to the trouble to make knock-offs of $400 guitars.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosland View Post
It's a Kremona - can't tell you where/when it was made, but I also can't imagine someone going to the trouble to make knock-offs of $400 guitars.
Kremona Guitars are made in Bulgaria and are very popular in Europe. They are
quality instruments. Regards
Norman2
Old 06-07-2016, 03:35 PM

Thanks for the input.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:46 AM

The Yamaha NTX models are just average or less so unplugged but plugged in they sound great. I love my NTX1200R but only play it plugged in to a keyboard amp, superb. Keep in mind that the NTX guitars have a wider neck but the strings are spaced fairly close together. I had a new nut installed to separate the strings better....didn't cost much and perfect result.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:32 PM

A lot of people like the Yamaha nylons and I've tried probably a half dozen or more of them and for some reason they just didn't do it for me. I never plugged them in as I always play any guitar acoustically first (even electric guitars) and if they don't seem a good fit I pass.

It's a bit of a toss up now between something like the Cordoba Orchestra CE or a Godin ACS Slim. I'm also open other similar suggestions. I even thought of a nylon CF guitar but most seem to be much higher priced.

I could go $800 -$900 for a guitar, used or new depending on the guitar and deal.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical