The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-17-2017, 10:29 AM

Default Have Larrivee SD-50; Need pickup advice

I'd really like the advice of AGF member(s) who have this specific guitar and have amplified it. What works? What works best? The SD-5D has that large (4.125 inch) diameter soundhole, and the pickguard is mounted close to it. I think that rules out most (all?) soundhole/magnetic pickups. Or does it? One thread/posting to the Larrivee Forum was from a happy user of the K&K Pure Mini. I had another guitar (sold to help fund the SD-50) with the K&K in it, and liked that sound very much. I even bought the matching preamp. But that was a parlor guitar and it didn't have enough oomph for me (I like big guitars).
Anyone? Thanks.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulHintz View Post
I'd really like the advice of AGF member(s) who have this specific guitar and have amplified it. What works? What works best? The SD-5D has that large (4.125 inch) diameter soundhole, and the pickguard is mounted close to it. I think that rules out most (all?) soundhole/magnetic pickups. Or does it? One thread/posting to the Larrivee Forum was from a happy user of the K&K Pure Mini. I had another guitar (sold to help fund the SD-50) with the K&K in it, and liked that sound very much. I even bought the matching preamp. But that was a parlor guitar and it didn't have enough oomph for me (I like big guitars).
Anyone? Thanks.
My SD-50 has a K&K mini and it performs nicely. Simple non-destructive option. Easy to install if you want to do it yourself. Nice guitar, by the way.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification