The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-09-2013, 03:35 PM

Default Anyone play a Ramirez 2ncwe?

Wondering if anyone has played one of these. I'm thinking about getting one but I'm not seeing too much in the way of reviews on them and I'd love to hear people's opinions on the guitar and the pickup system. Looks like most of them come with a Fishman Prefix Pro Blend.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:25 PM

Hi. I tried one a couple of weeks ago here in the UK. It sounded very nice, but I was eventually drawn towards the 4NCWE which had much better acoustic projection (volume), presumably due to the better woods used. I ended up getting a good deal on the 4 but it still cost a very hefty sum.

That was a few weeks ago, and I can't put it down - the sound is absoultely magical. There are lot of threads on various forums saying that you're just paying for the name with Ramirez, but I do not believe this to be the case. I also tried out various nylon Martins, Taylors, Rodriguez, Alhambras and other electro nylons, but the Ramirez's stood out head and shoulders above the rest in terms of tonaility and unamplified volume. The Fishman preamp is also very good.

The best thing is to try the 2NCWE and see if you like it, but try as many others as you can as well - you might fund something you like better. But I don't think you can go far wrong with a Ramirez.

Anyway, good luck and have fun! Tell us what you end up with!

Last edited by XISTH; 03-10-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickGlass View Post
Wondering if anyone has played one of these. I'm thinking about getting one but I'm not seeing too much in the way of reviews on them and I'd love to hear people's opinions on the guitar and the pickup system. Looks like most of them come with a Fishman Prefix Pro Blend.
I own the older version - a 2003 2CWE.

I've had it for about 4 years now and I absolutely love the sound of this guitar and the complexity of the tone.

I agree that there is a magical Ramirez sound and this has it.

It's also a very easy guitar to play for someone like me who goes back and forth to electric guitars. I don't amplify it though so I can't comment on the pickup system.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical