The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 08-25-2016, 07:29 AM

Default Can anyone help me identify or find any information on this old Argentinian Classical

So this guitar fell into my hands and I've been playing it for a while, but I really don't know anything about it nor can I find any info on it, and I've been looking everywhere for some info... The guy I got it from told me it was made over 100 years ago in Argentina and didn't have much more info, but the price was right and it felt/sounds good, so I bought it for that. But the thing is, now I'm really fond of the guitar and would very much like to find out more, if I can, about who made it, when it was made...ect. It's a very solid feeling guitar and feels like it was built quite well. The neck was repaired at some point.

http://imgur.com/a/q6i1f

(I attached an album of pictures above, I can take more if it would help)
The weathered and doodled label in the body of the guitar, visible from the sound hole seems to say:
"GARANTIA DE CALIDAD
EN
GUITARRAS Y CUERDAS
--Romero y Fernandez--
6RL.-CAP 150.000-
INDUSTRIA ARGENTINA
SANTA FE 1050 BUENOS AIRES"

Any information or a direction to point me in, it would be super helpful and appreciated. THANK YOU!
Old 08-26-2016, 08:57 PM

This is the only information that I could find online. According to this article, Romero y Fernandez was a Buenos Aires importer and dealer who specialized in quality Spanish-made guitars.

Therefore, your guitar was almost certainly made in Spain by a reputable luthier.

http://www.guitarsalon.com/store/p37...so-spcsar.html

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical