The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 11-05-2015, 11:21 PM
Charter Member

Default *SOLD* Goodall RCJC Master Engelmann & EIR Fort Bragg, Baggs Lyric, Near-Mint, HSC

***SOLD***
Goodall RCJC with a mastergrade Engelmann top, East Indian Rosewood back and sides, mahogany neck, koa binding, ebony fingerboard with split-diamond fret markers, an LR Baggs Lyric pickup, and Gotoh 510 tuners with ebony knobs. 25.5" scale, 1.75" nutwidth, 2.25" string spacing at the saddle. The neck has a medium "C" profile with satin finish-- it plays so, so smoothly. **Please note photo 12 on Reverb (below)** - I changed the strap button to cocobolo after I took most of the photos. There is a tiny amount of normal fretwear in the open position (see photo 15 on Reverb), but overall the frets are great. The action is excellent (see photo 16 on Reverb). There are no dings, scratches, or other cosmetic imperfections. I've played it only in the house, with no shirts with buttons, etc. Because I've played it quite a bit (even though very carefully), I can't use the word "mint"-- but it's very close. This guitar was built in December 2009 and was among the first ten or so guitars that James and Luke Goodall built in their new workshop in Fort Bragg, California. The tone is pure Goodall-- lush, complex, deep, *beautiful*. I don't know if the Garageband recording I made (below) does justice to the tone, but I'd describe it as a classic deep resonant rosewood tone with lots of sweetness from the mastergrade Engelmann. You will not be disappointed. I'm parting with it only to acquire a smaller Goodall that's a better size for me. Comes in one of Goodall's amazing bomb-proof Ameritage cases ("silver" model). I will pack with insane OCD-driven safety overkill and ship within one business day. It's a good price - this guitar would cost $7,500-$8,000 if purchased new today. I'm asking $X,XXX plus actual shipping and PayPal.

Additional photos are posted on Reverb: https://reverb.com/item/1302705-2009...s-lyric-pickup
Soundcloud audio recording here: https://soundcloud.com/peter-walker-...11-6-15-653-pm

I don't check AGF every day so please feel free to call or e-mail: [email protected], 541-344-5569 Thanks for looking!

Last edited by Peterw; 11-07-2015 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:19 PM
Charter Member

Great looking Concert Jumbo! James and Luke are making some extraordinary instruments up there in Fort Bragg...

That's a very striking set of rosewood on yours... great price, great builder and my favorite of James' shapes/body styles...

Someone is going to be REALLY happy with this guitar!!! Best of luck with your sale...
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman
Old 11-07-2015, 10:17 AM
Charter Member

Thanks, jseth! when I played back that Soundcloud recording I made, I seriously wondered if I'm making a mistake selling (the tone sounded good... not my playing! )

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
bourgeois, huss & dalton, martin, santa cruz, taylor