The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-07-2017, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCharter View Post
I'm also not fond of the tuners that they use and the back of the headstock doesn't look like it belongs to the same guitar.

I agree with Joe about tuners, that is why I changed them on my guitar. I like back of headstock on my 12-fret (14-fret models have different style, I agree that they look a little bit off on Martin based guitar but is not deal breaker for me).
I was lucky to get mine for a great price, they are getting pricy now that they are getting more recognition and in that price range there is a lot of great choices.

Here is my NGD thread:

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=463605
Old 12-07-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post
Hey, Joe, just giving you a hard time. Whatever your reservations about the visual aesthetics of that headstock design, though, it wasn't startling enough to make me drop my beer when Boucher guitars got passed to me in those late night guitar circles. I never even noticed...

Wade Hampton Miller
Wade, I'm guessing it wasn't your first beer?
Old 12-07-2017, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
I agree with Joe about tuners, that is why I changed them on my guitar. I like back of headstock on my 12-fret (14-fret models have different style, I agree that they look a little bit off on Martin based guitar but is not deal breaker for me).
I was lucky to get mine for a great price, they are getting pricy now that they are getting more recognition and in that price range there is a lot of great choices.

Here is my NGD thread:

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=463605
Nice guitar and a lovely top. If Martin used tops as nice as Boucher, you'd never hear me complain...

As for tuners and aesthetics, I have Gotoh 510s on several of my guitars so I'm in no position to give anyone a hard time...
Old 05-22-2018, 02:26 PM

Talking awesome guitar

I recently just purchased one of these from soundpure, Ill put it this way, I played prob 15 different guitars (almost all their guitars in the room), (santa cruz, collings, Breedlove) I played a McPherson which I don't have 11,000 lol, but honestly the boucher to me, and my wife who was there listening, was besides the McPherson (which wasn't to much better sounding) was the best guitar in that room sound wise, I got the Adirondack master grade and Indian rosewood back and sides, and it is awesome! The bass and mid is just like I wanted, I don't want a real bright guitar w/ no low end, but this has good highs and great low end and mids (has that nice punch you in the gut feeling when you play), the neck and playability is also awesome and very easy to play, honestly id recommend playing them, I played another boucher but the one I got was the best in the shop In my opinion, Derek was also awesome and was handing me guitars left and right, lol, it was between this guitar and a collings D2H, and the collings was also very nice, but this guitar had a brighter and more lively sound in my opinion, and Derek advised me that the Adirondack will only get better over time, so in my personal experience w/ boucher, I would say go play some and see what you think, I also will say, I never had really heard of boucher before this, and Derek said that's usually how it works, you play it and your like "wow this is amazing" and it is and I am excited to see just how much better it will get w/ age.. comes with a nice hardshell case as well. any questions feel free to ask, I'm not a betting man, but I would say you won't be disappointed!
Old 09-13-2020, 06:53 AM

I know this is an old thread, but I am trying to work out the funding for a Boucher. I tried one a couple of months ago and was totally blown away.

I play a Martin GPCPA4R, which is bigger than I prefer, so a 000 or 00 style is more of what I want. I played a Martin 00-28 yesterday, which was quite stellar but didn't blow me away like the Boucher did. It was pretty nice though.

As a couch player who is trying to justify a $4k guitar - with my trades, I will be getting a $4k guitar for $2500.....smart way to look at it right?

Anyway, I was wondering how the Boucher's are working out? I doubt that anyone regrets buying one but I would appreciate any feedback.
Old 09-13-2020, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opencee View Post
Played a nice Boucher Adi/Walnut OM at Wildwood Music a few years ago.

Nice guitar. Wasn't what I was looking for that day, but if I was ...

opencee

Played the same one. I thought it was superb. Did the proverbial “played like butter.” thing. I wanted it but couldn’t afford it. When I had the money somebody beat me to it.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 09-13-2020, 04:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
Played the same one. I thought it was superb. Did the proverbial “played like butter.” thing. I wanted it but couldn’t afford it. When I had the money somebody beat me to it.
I was with rokdog on that trip and heard what he was playing. Though I didn't play the guitar myself can say that it sounded wonderful. I wish he'd bought it too!
Old 09-13-2020, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caperrob View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I am trying to work out the funding for a Boucher. I tried one a couple of months ago and was totally blown away.

I play a Martin GPCPA4R, which is bigger than I prefer, so a 000 or 00 style is more of what I want. I played a Martin 00-28 yesterday, which was quite stellar but didn't blow me away like the Boucher did. It was pretty nice though.

As a couch player who is trying to justify a $4k guitar - with my trades, I will be getting a $4k guitar for $2500.....smart way to look at it right?

Anyway, I was wondering how the Boucher's are working out? I doubt that anyone regrets buying one but I would appreciate any feedback.
Don’t even hesitate. Incredible instruments. Made to very high standards without a doubt.
2019 PRS Silver Sky
Old 09-13-2020, 05:50 PM

So, you're saying there's a chance?

Enable enable enable
Old 09-13-2020, 06:59 PM

Just bought a 000 12 fret and couldn't be happier. Wonderful instrument. Get yourself one and you'll be happy too.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:47 AM

This video is from JP Cormier (fabulous picker and performer). This vid is the first in a series on the many Boucher guitars he owns. He discusses the actual guitars and throws in interesting stories and such. Kind of an in-depth look at Boucher guitars if you're interested. FYI he wasn't then but he is now on the Boucher "Artist' roster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fs3...8m4EaD76rf2FVv
Old 09-14-2020, 04:11 PM

JP Cormier. The man. Love that guy.
2019 PRS Silver Sky
Old 09-14-2020, 05:31 PM

I live on the same island the JP does, but I have never met him. I have seen tons of his demos. He is amazing!!!

I am still trying to work something out to get a deal done. I spoke to a finance company earlier today. They should be wearing a ski mask with the interest rates they charge. Highway robbery!!

It's all good though, if I don't buy a Boucher now, it is only a matter of time until I do.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:55 AM

It’s interesting that I found this thread. I was going to start a thread about the Boucher I played yesterday that absolutely ruined me, could hardly sleep last night and I am looking at what I can sell to buy it

It is a Studio Goose SG-51, which is a spruce and rosewood OM. I played it against a Martin 00-28, Martin 000-28, Martin 000-28 Modern Deluxe and a Taylor 714. For me it was no contest that Boucher had the tone I cherish. Articulate but round, bright highs and deep lows, a very full, rich balanced tone. The mids were not noticeably scooped giving it an nice even tone. Way more guitar then I need or deserve but life is short and there are no do overs.
Old 09-17-2020, 10:24 AM
Charter Member

I bought a Studio Goose (SG-42-MG) Master Grade dread with AAAA Adirondack (master grade) over Brazilian mahogany. Stellar guitar. Traded a Collings D1 Bakes Sitka Sunburst top and some $ for it at Sound Pure. I've got a couple of really good D-18's and a PWGC D model and the Boucher stands with them and in some way surpasses them. They're all a little different. Where the Martin/PWGC guitars are vintage voiced and dry woody sounding, the Boucher is vintage voiced as well but has a lushness to it that's difficult to explain w/o playing one. I would highly recommend Boucher to anyone sitting on the fence. They are very nice guitars with great build quality.

Dogs Welcome......People Tolerated!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion