The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-30-2014, 08:09 AM

Default Compatibility issue with Fishman Aura software

Anyone know if and how to make the newer Fishman Aura Gallery III librarian software work with the original Aura Blender. Fishman says it's only for Auras that support USB uploads. The old Blender uses MIDI rather than USB. I assume that's why I can't get the profiles to upload to the old Blender.

The earlier Blender compatible software is still available from Fishman but is incompatible with my newer Mac, so I seem to be locked out coming and going.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

rb
Old 11-30-2014, 02:46 PM

Their latest version for the USB Auras doesn't even work properly on OSX Mavericks or Yosemite without causing device driver problems. A couple of simple one line fixes in the code is obviously too much trouble for them.

Anyway, to get around it, a virtual machine running WindowsXP seems to do the job. Once you've found the images you like, you don't normally have to use it anymore. (Unless you get another guitar of course.)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification