The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 06-29-2015, 02:01 PM

Default Mac clipboard manager for sharing audio files

Just wondering what clipboard manager folks with Macs use to share multiple audio files in a single post?
Old 06-29-2015, 03:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor B. View Post
Just wondering what clipboard manager folks with Macs use to share multiple audio files in a single post?
Not sure what you mean, but I usually upload to soundcloud - and you can select multiple files to create a playlist. Then create you post, copying and pasting each track in individually within the soundcloud tags. Nothing really specific to Macs there. Happy to hear of some shortcut if there is one
Old 06-29-2015, 04:53 PM

So you'd have to have both the soundcloud window and the AGF Message window for the thread open at the same time, right?
Old 06-29-2015, 04:58 PM
Charter Member

Doug I believe he talking about third party applications that basically retain a history of things copied to the clipboard in Mac Os and allow you paste multiple files from that history. Rather than default clipboard with the new copied file overwriting and replacing what was on the clip board, and (only allows you to paste the single last file copied).
I don't use one so I can't give any suggestions.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 06-29-2015 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
So you'd have to have both the soundcloud window and the AGF Message window for the thread open at the same time, right?
Yes that is how I would do it from soundcloud

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 06-29-2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Doug I believe he talking about third party applications that basically retain a history of things copied to the clipboard in Mac Os and allow you paste multiple files from that history. Rather than default clipboard with the new copied file overwriting and replacing what was on the clip board, and (only allows you to paste the single last file copied).
I don't use one so I can't give any suggestions.
Exactly what I meant.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Right. I usually have dozens of windows open, so two's not an issue. Using some sort of clipboard history requires way more organization and for-thought than I have. I just copy-paste one thing I need, then do it over again as needed. I'm sure there's some more efficient way to do it.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
Right. I usually have dozens of windows open, so two's not an issue. Using some sort of clipboard history requires way more organization and for-thought than I have. I just copy-paste one thing I need, then do it over again as needed. I'm sure there's some more efficient way to do it.
I'll give the method you and KevWind employ a shot and see how it goes.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I'll give the method you and KevWind employ a shot and see how it goes.
Really easy using multi tab browser -- Just open as many tabs as you need and copy each URL into the AGF post entry. Or ...I too like clipboard managers ...

So, I have used various clipboard managers for OSX (CopyPaste Pro, Savvy, a couple others) ... best places to check for that type of extension would be Mac App Store, though they don't carry too many OSX hacks (which this would be) or MacUpdate, best 3rd Party SW source-- good reviews on what works and what doesn't, this is the grandfather of Mac SW sites. Try this page for clipboard SW on MacUpdate: http://www.macupdate.com/find/mac/clipboard

Good luck.

martin D-28A '37 | D-18 | SCGC H13 | gibson SJ-200
taylor 814ce | 855 | GS Mini H.V. | goodall RP14 | Halcyon SJ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Old 07-06-2015, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjroberts View Post
Really easy using multi tab browser -- Just open as many tabs as you need and copy each URL into the AGF post entry. Or ...I too like clipboard managers ...

So, I have used various clipboard managers for OSX (CopyPaste Pro, Savvy, a couple others) ... best places to check for that type of extension would be Mac App Store, though they don't carry too many OSX hacks (which this would be) or MacUpdate, best 3rd Party SW source-- good reviews on what works and what doesn't, this is the grandfather of Mac SW sites. Try this page for clipboard SW on MacUpdate: http://www.macupdate.com/find/mac/clipboard

Good luck.
Thank you very much for the link.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD