The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-14-2017, 07:27 AM

Default NFL Week 15

NFL Week 15 starts with tonight's game - Broncos at Colts. A couple of Saturday games this week.

Patriots at Steelers which could potentially decide AFC home field advantage. Go Pats!

What story lines are you following?
Old 12-14-2017, 09:07 AM

There's trouble brewing at Chez Jim. We're hosting the annual Holiday Party for my wife's staff this Sunday. It wasn't even me that brought up the conflict, but she's put her foot down. There will be no TV during the party. I'll just sit back and do my host duties and let her staff set her straight. Otherwise this party will be breaking up early for the AFC game of the season at 4:30.

Normally I'd say the Pat got this. However I can't get past this horrid Pats defense. And the Steelers are showing an awful lot of resilence this year. Only a fool would wager on the outcome. Pats 35, Steelers 28.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post

Patriots at Steelers which could potentially decide AFC home field advantage. Go Pats!

What story lines are you following?
Patriots at Steelers
Go Pats!
Old 12-14-2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_G View Post
There's trouble brewing at Chez Jim. We're hosting the annual Holiday Party for my wife's staff this Sunday. It wasn't even me that brought up the conflict, but she's put her foot down. There will be no TV during the party. I'll just sit back and do my host duties and let her staff set her straight. Otherwise this party will be breaking up early for the AFC game of the season at 4:30.

Normally I'd say the Pat got this. However I can't get past this horrid Pats defense. And the Steelers are showing an awful lot of resilence this year. Only a fool would wager on the outcome. Pats 35, Steelers 28.
The Steelers have been resilient the past few weeks. Hoping it's not that high scoring of a game. Pats 28-21.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:21 PM

Mr Rogers is asking for trouble. There's no logical need for him to return this year- other than he really wants too!
Old 12-15-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
Mr Rogers is asking for trouble. There's no logical need for him to return this year- other than he really wants too!
I agree. If by some fluke we make it into the playoffs, it will be a one and done scenario. Start Hundley for the rest of the season and see what happens. He seems to be coming along. Then the team will be able to put a solid value on him and decide whether to keep him or head in another direction.

2005 Gibson J-45
1985 Guild D17
2012 Fender Am. Std. Stratocaster
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Old 12-15-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Spivey View Post
I agree. If by some fluke we make it into the playoffs, it will be a one and done scenario. Start Hundley for the rest of the season and see what happens. He seems to be coming along. Then the team will be able to put a solid value on him and decide whether to keep him or head in another direction.
Yup...he's beginning to feel *comfortable* when the pass rush comes at him!
Old 12-16-2017, 11:38 AM

Bears at Lions today. Are you watching JPD? Are the Lions making it into the playoffs this year?
Old 12-16-2017, 11:47 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Bears at Lions today. Are you watching JPD? Are the Lions making it into the playoffs this year?
Dru.....Lions will win this....but play-offs are a distant dream for them. Same for the Packers.
Old 12-16-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
Dru.....Lions will win this....but play-offs are a distant dream for them. Same for the Packers.
Well there's always the Red Wings (uh-uhm).
Old 12-16-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_G View Post

Their defense is not the same defense from early weeks. You’re judging their defense because of Monday’s game? Quite a few key defense players were out, and the team as a whole just played bad that night. But their defense is anything but “horrid”. It won’t be an easy game even if we’ve had the Steeler’s number for I forgot how many games in a row now. They’re quite on fire, but they’ll need more than a last second field goal to beat the Pats.
Old 12-16-2017, 01:08 PM
Charter Member

Well this season is a bust for me. Packers are in no shape to win their division and even if they somehow get a wildcard their defense isn't up to the standards of a playoff winning team. The Giants are done, weeks ago. The Jets are done. So now we cheer for the Steelers, Vikings and even the Lions - maybe an NFC north team can make a decent showing in the playoffs.

It'll be interesting to watch how the Jaguars Cinderalla season ends up.

Youtube! Please subscribe!

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 12-17-2017, 03:19 PM

Not the best return for Aaron Rodgers but it was an exciting ending to the game. Packers lose.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:56 PM
Charter Member

Nice to see Rodgers back though.
Old 12-17-2017, 06:20 PM

Pats intercept what would have been the winning TD for the Steelers!

Pats win!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic