The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 06-18-2015, 04:34 PM

Default Transcribing Estudio in Em

I just located this piece, and would like to go into Sibelius and enter the notation so that I can add tablature.
However, at the very beginning, there's a quarter note open 1st string E, a rest showing right above it (all of this is for the first strum or pick), and last a dotted half note on the bass E.
Is anyone familiar enough with Sibelius (I have ver 7, but probably any of the recent versions will do it) to tell me how to enter the 3 entries required for the first notes and rest?
I am not sure why the rest is there at all.
I'm attaching the file that I got from this. Sorry that I don't know how to shrink the file's size. But it's the very first entry, so you can ignore the rest, but the same thing happens in other bars.
Much appreciated in advance on this question.
Thanks,
Bob
Old 06-18-2015, 04:42 PM

this is a pretty good piece to learn to read notation, but learning about sibelius is good too.

i would use 3 separate voices (sibelius can use up to 4 for a guitar staff) for the different parts. 1 voice for the bass, another voice for the melody, and another for the middle accompaniment. this means that while they are all on the same stave, they are independent.

to get the triplete in the middle voice, enter an eighth note (or rest), then type ctrl-3.

don't forget you can copy and paste each bar, then drag any notes around (or delete or add).

lastly, for the second bar, i finger the notes high to low 4/1/2 for the first triplet, then use 4/2/3 for the next 2 triplets. i find that easier than m. delcamp's fingering (which might work better for you).
Old 06-18-2015, 05:49 PM

Thanks MC1. Much appreciated.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical