The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-06-2015, 10:34 PM

Default New mixer and discovered sub mixer

I've had a Zed 10fx for a couple of years but as time goes on I've found I need more channels. A couple of days ago I received a Zed 60-14fx mixer that I ordered. I thought I'd sell the 10fx but after hooking it up as a sub mixer, I'm going to keep it. There doesn't seem to be any signal loss from the sub and now my mixer board system has become versatile and my cable needs have grown exponentially.
The Old Lady
Goldilocks
Flipper

"Sometimes I play a song I never heard before" Thelonious Monk
Old 08-07-2015, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pennant View Post
I've had a Zed 10fx for a couple of years but as time goes on I've found I need more channels. A couple of days ago I received a Zed 60-14fx mixer that I ordered. I thought I'd sell the 10fx but after hooking it up as a sub mixer, I'm going to keep it. There doesn't seem to be any signal loss from the sub and now my mixer board system has become versatile and my cable needs have grown exponentially.
The 10FX works very well as a sub mixer, and it even has a pad on the output to make it easy to run into mic inputs (though I usually run it into a stereo line input). Given how close your two mixers are in design, it doesn't surprise me at all that they work so smoothly together!

Louis
Old 08-07-2015, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschwart View Post
The 10FX works very well as a sub mixer, and it even has a pad on the output to make it easy to run into mic inputs (though I usually run it into a stereo line input). Given how close your two mixers are in design, it doesn't surprise me at all that they work so smoothly together!

Louis
I didn't think about using the stereo inputs......... more cables.
The Old Lady
Goldilocks
Flipper

"Sometimes I play a song I never heard before" Thelonious Monk
Old 08-07-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pennant View Post
I didn't think about using the stereo inputs......... more cables.
It only matters if you need to transfer a stereo signal. Or if you need the extra mono mic input for something else. I use XLR to TRS patch cables.

Louis
Old 08-07-2015, 04:34 PM

I do this also. I send the sub mixer left out to channel 1 on the large mixer panned all the way left and sub mixer right out to channel 2 panned all the way right. Nice, full stereo sound.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification