The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 06-20-2010, 01:39 PM

Location: Not where I thought I was going, but probably where I need to be.
Default "Jesus Make Up My Dyin Bed" tuning.

Anybody know what tuning Ari Eisenger uses in his version of "Jesus Make Up My Dyin Bed"??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8O4C...eature=related

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best."
Henry Van Dyke

"It is in the world of slow time that truth and art are found as one"
Norman Maclean,
Old 06-20-2010, 02:09 PM

I don't know what Ari Eisenger uses, but Stefan Grossman's transcription from the original (?) Josh White version is in D - DAD#FAD

Last edited by ewalling; 06-20-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:10 PM

Grab your guitar, tune it to G or D, and then make sure your 6th string matches his in pitch. Then watch him play on the 5th string. That's the easiest way if you have video.

If you only have audio just listen to the bass root. Is it D or G... Again pretty easy to narrow it down to G (or A) D (or E) or other. If other is anything other than G Minor or D Minor, I pretty much don't need to learn the song bad enough to put in the work to figure it out and learn. Too many awesome songs in D,G, Dminor,and Gminor I haven't even heard let alone learned.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write