The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-26-2013, 02:08 PM

Default Behringer Ultracoustic ACX1800

I'm looking for an inexpensive amp. I've never owned any Behringer products and have no experience with them. My budget allows for $350 tops and this amp seems to have all the features I'd like. I would be using this for open mic's and small bar gigs and such, as well as direct out to a PA when playing with the band. So I'm asking you guys if you have any experience with this amp, or any insight regarding Behringer products. There are seemingly "better" options out there like a Fishman Loudbox, but that's about $200 over my limit. Thanks

Here is a list of the specs:

Powerful 180-Watt, 2-channel stereo amplifier for acoustic instruments and vocals
2 original 8" dual-cone speakers for ultimate sound reproduction
2 integrated, 24-bit digital FX processors each with 16 awesome effects programs including reverb, modulation, delay, and various effects combinations
Revolutionary FBQ Feedback Detection System instantly reveals critical frequencies
Dedicated instrument and microphone channels with separate Gain, Compressor and FX controls
Individual 9-band graphic EQ on each channel
Dedicated Tuner switch per channel for use with external tuner
Switchable Phase correction on Channel 1 and Master for feedback prevention
Instrument and mic FX Inserts for external effects devices (stomp boxes, rack effects, etc.)
CD input
Balanced stereo XLR line out with ground lift
Dual footswitch FS112 for FX included
Old 05-27-2013, 02:17 PM
Charter Member

Hi m-79

For $389 Django Books is selling UltraSound AG-50 (DS-4). This is a pro-grade stage amp, and it only weighs about 25 pounds (not 50)

They sell for $450 everywhere else. I've been using these since 2005, and they are the best buy in the price range, and run circles around the Behringer (for tone quality, and features).

I realize it stretches your budget by $40, but it's worth it.

I have no hatred for Behringer. I'm just a player who puts a lot of stock in my acoustic amp.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 05-27-2013, 02:47 PM

Thanks for the info Larry!
Old 05-27-2013, 03:49 PM

I have demo'd that Behringer amp many moons ago and I thought it was a good value, good features and good sound.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:48 AM

I have that Behringer amp. Been very happy with it, puts out a BIG clean sound, I'm not particularly fond of the effects, and it sure is HEAVY.

The secret to life is enjoying the passage of time.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification