The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 08-27-2011, 12:46 PM

Default New (improved? version of Ready For Love

Thanks HHP...I redid my video using your suggestions and adding a few of my own. I like this better. Any opinions....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcUdWUsjFV0

Everett-Celona
Taylor DDX
Heyser- Englemann/Maple
G&L ASAT
Old 08-27-2011, 02:18 PM

LOVED IT! I did not hear your first rendition, but this one is DA BOMB! If I could sing like you - I'd still be singing!

'More guitars than I need but not as many as I want.'
Old 08-27-2011, 02:28 PM

I obviously liked it much more. I'll have my people get with your people and work out my points for any recording deal.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:25 PM

Very, very cool. Quite the sultry rendition.

I wouldn't say it was the best mix. The guitar was a little hard to pick out above the bass. At lease the details of the guitar. Watching the video, I didn't get the feeling that I was watching you actually play the song.

I loved the arrangement though. I would bet if Paul Rogers were to hear this rendition, he'd be working on a new release of the song.

YouTube (GuiTuber)
SoundCloud

My modest collection:
Hohner HGK-512 (no strings; lifted bridge)
Yamaha FG720S-12, w/ p'ups
Alvarez AJ60S, w/ p'ups
Ibanez AEB5 acoustic bass

Pickups: JBB-Electronics Prestige 330 (SBT) - finest quality at half the price

Recording gear:
Focusrite Saffire 6
MXL 990 and 991 condensor mics
Old 08-29-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhancox View Post
Watching the video, I didn't get the feeling that I was watching you actually play the song.
Ha! You caught me. Actually, I recorded the whole thing on my Tascam DP-008. Then I played it through the monitors and recorded it on my zoom Q3 while I "pretended" to play it. I'm too stupid to figure out how to turn my Tascam recordings into audio files and post them on ReverbNation or whatever. And just aiming my Zoom at the Tascam and recording THAT would be pretty **** boring to watch, so I thought this was a reasonable (but dumb) compromise. My "I Know" original tune I recorded the whole thing, then turned off the vocal track and Zoom'd myself singing over the recording.
All my "acoustisongs" are actual real time recordings, but my "bradentonguitarist" usually are multitracks, with harmonies and bass, so I have to do SOMETHING, since I'm too ignorant to learn how to use Audacity.
Yeah, the mix is bad. It sounds better on the Tascam, but when I Zoom it and post it on Youtube, it screws up the sound. I don't know why?

Everett-Celona
Taylor DDX
Heyser- Englemann/Maple
G&L ASAT
Old 08-30-2011, 03:05 PM

That is cool! I love hearing those old rock standards played acoustically. There is a fine line between making them "elevator music" and a COOL brooding melancholy piece. This is fantastic. well done!!

Ranger's Soundclick page

Roy's Reverbnation page
Old 08-31-2011, 08:05 AM

Nice emotionally charged version of this classic rocker. I really like your take on it...well played and sung..nice mix also, the harmonies are sweet. Thanks for sharing.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell