The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-16-2014, 09:23 PM

Used travel size CF maybe..a center hole Emerald X-7 perhaps
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 11-22-2014, 11:30 AM

This sounds like just what u need...if you can get over the looks: $625
http://alpacaguitar.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2014, 01:04 PM

I'd be careful about going the Alpaca route. I'm one of the Kickstarter investors. 10 per month is optimistic. They have never shared actual details on how many they have shipped to date but from the comments on Kickstarter, I know the number 3 person said his was shipping in late September. No word on others yet.

The company has not shared any updates now on kickstarter for about 50 days which seems crazy for a project that is 19 months late.

I would recommend the CA Cargo for a good travel guitar. You can pick one up for new for about 800 on ebay and less used. I've had one for a couple years and love it. also if you want to spend less, +1 on the idea of an ovation. A couple years ago I picked up an old Ovation Balladeer for less than 200 for a road trip guitar. It worked great and It was inexpensive enough that I didn't have to worry about it.

Last edited by nedley; 11-24-2014 at 01:12 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber