The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-24-2017, 06:52 AM

Default Kudos goes out to Cordoba Customer Support

About a month ago I bought a used Cordoba GK guitar through Guitar Center and had it shipped to my local store. So far I like it but the case came with a missing part on one of the latches. I thought no big deal. I will email Cordoba Customer Support and send a picture of the latch and buy a replacement.

The response was:

Quote:
We do not have replacement parts available. These cases do come with a 1-year manufacturing warranty, so if it was purchased within 1-year, we might be able to replace it. Do you have an invoice?
I explained that I had an invoice but bought the guitar used. I asked if they had a vendor or subcontractor that produced these parts and that maybe I can get one from them. Cordoba's response is:

Quote:
These are made by our company, but are manufactured overseas in China. They arrive here complete and all parts are non-replaceable, since they are bolted on. Not a typical replacement part for customers. Unfortunately we do not have access to these parts. You may try to search for parts from an aftermarket supplier to see if they may have something like this available!

The case is functional and I can fix it if I feel I have to. This was more a test of their support more than anything. I bought the used guitar with the idea if I liked it I would get a couple of nicer full bodied gigs guitars. My question now was, if I buy gig guitars and 13 months in there is a mishap and something breaks am I going to be out of luck in regards to getting matching replacement parts. Do they actually support their products?

They offered to send me a new case even though I had no valid warranty claim. I told them not to, that it was a used purchase. I was not looking to take advantage of anyone. I don't think we were on the same page. My primary concern is the ability to get part in the future on the two road guitars I'm considering. Especially the ebony tuners. I assure me that they can provide parts for in production guitars.

Yesterday my wife called and a large box arrived and it was a new HumiCase for a Cordoba GK. My next guitar is going to be a Cedar top Cordoba.

Last edited by CEB; 05-24-2017 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:29 AM

KUDO's indeed!! Awesomeness!! I'm a big fan of Cordoba...

The tuning gears for one of the strings on my 2 year old GK Pro was acting funny... Nothing serious, just seemed to be very loose when I was changing strings.

I sent an email to them asking about it.. After a few exchanges of emails.. They sent me a complete replacement set of tuning mechanisms for free.

What I liked was that they did not require me to use one of their authorized dealers (Guitar Center) to maintain the warranty for the service. I was able to use my preferred luthier for the installation.

Dave
2011 Godin Jazz model archtop
Old 05-25-2017, 09:57 AM
Charter Member

Dave (dkstott) and I are both huge Cordoba fans and have both experienced great CS from them. My last (12th) Cordoba purchase was a GK Pro negra and because it was a newer example, it didn't come with a golpeador like the earlier built ones did. So I emailed Cordoba asking if I could buy one and the gal who responded said that they don't put them on anymore because the prevailing winds seemed to point to more customers not wanting them on. But she said that she'd send me one free of charge, and asked my T-shirt size... so she could also send me one of those free of charge (for being such a prolific and loyal customer... LOL).

So I have nothing but great things to say about Cordoba as a company. Doesn't mean that I am a brainwashed fan boy. I've been very honest about my dislike of the three Espana series instruments that I owned. But for the money, for my needs... it doesn't get any better than Cordoba and why I am still a very loyal customer in this 5th year since I bought my first. I can often proudly been seen wearing one of my Cordoba T-shirts, and am every bit as proud to wear clothing displaying that "budget brand" as I am my Ferrari baseball caps.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical