The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-12-2017, 01:20 PM

Default anyone have composite acoustics cargo as their only guitar? work well with vocals?

curious if anyone has a composite acoustics cargo as their only guitar? also, how does it do for vocal accompaniment?
Old 01-12-2017, 01:46 PM
Charter Member

If you don't have a really big voice it will be fine. The Cargo puts out impressive tone & volume for it's rather small size.
Iris Smeck Slope Shoulder Dread
Iris AB Model
Many Takamine Pro series
Godin A8 Mandolin
Old 01-12-2017, 02:02 PM
Anticipation Junkie

I own one of the earliest Cargos, so it's been almost 9 years. Because I take it on trips and I like to noodle on the sofa, I've probably played it most of all my guitars. I've always been impressed with it. Imo, there are no restrictions or limits. I can sing loud enough when I want to, and the Cargo always keeps up, no problem. I don't play much plugged in, but the Cargo can be dialed in quite well to compete with just about anything. It will never be my only guitar, but if it had to be, I would be content.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber