The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-21-2013, 05:48 PM

Default Good Fender Dealer?

I'm looking particularly for an Eric Johnson strat, 2-tone. Wondering if you guys could point me in the direction of one similar to an LA Guitar Sales guy for Fender Electrics.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrkstr View Post
I'm looking particularly for an Eric Johnson strat, 2-tone. Wondering if you guys could point me in the direction of one similar to an LA Guitar Sales guy for Fender Electrics.
Your signature says Chicago. That means a trip to Dave's is not out of question. A trip to Dave's is worth a guitar lover's time even if they don't buy anything. His personal collection might top what some would call a guitar museum. Oh, and I see 8 Eric Johnson models in stock right now.

My own experience has been super prices, super set up instruments, expertise second to none, and you can probably say same about selection for a lot of items.

Some I know have said what's there doesn't hit you 'til you've visited and gone. I was in agreement after I made the trip.

Last edited by imwjl; 01-21-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:18 PM

I can second Dave's Guitar. I've bought a guitar and a case from them, and the experience was stellar. I've also had good experience with Elderly in Michigan.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:13 PM

Where in Chicago are you? If close to the south suburbs, you should give John at Midlothian Music a call. MidlothianMusic.com. He's got a lot of Fenders in stock in a fairly small shop. He's gonna be gone for NAMM Wed- next Tuesday, so call tomorrow or after he gets back.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars