The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 12-25-2012, 10:06 PM

Congratulations!! Very cool. My son, who is now 18, played piano for several years (both sons did) and when he switched to guitar at about 13, wanted an electric from the get-go (I tried to get him to go acoustic). He went through a couple (Epi SG and a Schecter) and settled finally on MY Made in Mexico Fender Stratocaster (at least I know where it is). Fast forward five years, now he is in college and on his last visit home ASKED if he could get an acoustic. We happened to have an Epiphone Hummingbird that my wife won in a raffle so I gave it to him. He likes playing it in his dorm room. Made me happy that he is playing acoustic too.

Moral- you never know. And also, it's good to have some extra guitars around the house, just in case.....

PS I had a Vizio small LCD TV that crapped out after a couple of years, just a few months after the warranty ran out and they wouldn't honor it. AND it had probably less than 50 hours on it. I have another in another room, but never again will I buy one.

Last edited by edmidlifecrisis; 01-09-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:00 AM

Jay - great pic! You have a rock star in waiting ... or a future NHL goaltender - he looks like a young Martin Brodeur (Most wins in NHL history)!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:48 AM
Brendan @ Heartbreaker Guitars Brendan @ Heartbreaker Guitars is offline

What an awesome gift! he'll remember that guitar for years to come... and hopefully always have it
Old 01-08-2013, 05:42 PM

Thanks guys. He is really showing dedication to it. He plays the guitar almost daily but the biggest thing is getting him to practice the fundamentals to start out with. He gets frustrated easily that he can't just pick it up and shred but he wants to so bad. I just keep encouraging him to stick with it and eventually it will happen. I told him his first 1-2 years will be the hardest but then it gets easier.
Serial #20021210057 (Some where in Canada last known location)
Old 01-08-2013, 06:05 PM

Congrats! What a wonderful gift! That is the best birthday gift I ever got from my parents!
You are doing a great job of plucking out those notes!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars