The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-23-2024, 02:53 PM
Charter Member

Here is one of my gigging pedal boards. Primarily acoustic but sometimes I play electric guitar hence the overdrive pedal.

And here is the one I seem to be using the most lately. All the pedals work well together and give me a great gigging sound with or without effects engaged.

Collings D1 Traditional
Collings OM1C
Gibson EC Ebony Songwriter Custom
Emerald X20
Emerald X30
Martin OMC-28 Custom
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Fender 61 Wildwood 10 Strat
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC

www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 04-23-2024, 03:14 PM
Charter Member

I just use an Acoustic Fly Rig and TC Ditto X2 looper. I use the EQ, a little compression and some reverb and occasionally the Boost on the Fly Rig. That's pretty much all I can handle.
I'm always proud of myself when I get the looper right.
Old 04-23-2024, 03:53 PM
Charter Member

I sometimes use nothing (Martin 000-16SGT), sometimes tote along my T-Rex SoulMate Acoustic one-box-does-alot. I lightly use the delay, chorus, or reverb, barely touch the EQ and compression, and when playing with my partner jump on the boost as needed. Over the course of a full set I like to be able to bring a little color/variety/dynamic shift in with the effects. YMMV.
Old 04-23-2024, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
a player's gear (any instrument) speaks volumes about the player...with less, better yet none, there's nothing to hide behind, a clean acoustic is the cat's meow (perfect)

use to have to sub drummers occasionally and if one showed up with more than a 4-5 piece set a train wreck was in the makings

no pedals, no effects, acoustic or electric
I agree to an extent with this, especially regarding vocals. That said, there are some really decent musicians who are into gear and like to use an effect here or there for a specific purpose. We who use effects don't suck as bad as some might think.
Old 04-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Charter Member

This is what I use on my board. I dont run the compressor much anymore but keep it close just in case. I also like showing up with just a guitar and my Schertler however. It's clean, easy, and less to worry about.

IMG_6470 (1).jpg

Last edited by waterlooz; 04-25-2024 at 05:00 PM. Reason: error in sentence
Old 04-25-2024, 12:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
Here is one of my gigging pedal boards. Primarily acoustic but sometimes I play electric guitar hence the overdrive pedal.

I found the Halo to be a bit of a one-trick pony, but it is a REALLY good trick...

“Sometimes science is more art than science…” - Rick Sanchez
Old 04-25-2024, 12:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostatic View Post
I found the Halo to be a bit of a one-trick pony, but it is a REALLY good trick...
It's a little bit challenging sometimes to get the Halo set up but it is so musical! My other board has a Diamond Memory Lane Jr and it is simply superb!
Collings D1 Traditional
Collings OM1C
Gibson EC Ebony Songwriter Custom
Emerald X20
Emerald X30
Martin OMC-28 Custom
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Fender 61 Wildwood 10 Strat
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC

www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 04-25-2024, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
Fishman Tone DEQ and Boss RC-5 looper.

Typically use a little reverb and compression on the DEQ, and not much else.
Ditto here on the ToneDeq. I also use a touch or Reverb, a touch of chorus on the 6 string (not the 12) and, when I play Hotel California on the 12, I slap on a bit of flange for the intro.
Old 04-25-2024, 03:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
It's a little bit challenging sometimes to get the Halo set up but it is so musical! My other board has a Diamond Memory Lane Jr and it is simply superb!
Yeah, that golden ratio delay done right is heavenly. I have the new version of the Memory Lane on my bass board. For whatever reason I've stuck with the El Capistan for many years (and have two of them). I don't even use the more tape-echo focused features like multihead, I just like the way it sounds and it has a good spring reverb to boot.

“Sometimes science is more art than science…” - Rick Sanchez
Old 04-25-2024, 09:04 PM

Firstly, I have many pedals. Many. But they’re almost all electric guitar pedals, because I don’t gig acoustically. My band is an electric band, and I have multiple boards I can use for that. I play mostly acoustic at home, and I rarely use pedals for that - sometimes a Boss AD-2, sometimes a Red Eye; neither of which is an effect, per se. If I’m recording at home - which I do a lot - and I need some different sounds, I just use some of my electric pedals. They’re good pedals, and they don’t know what they’re being used for.
Old 04-26-2024, 06:15 AM

I like the sound of some effects [no chorus]. I just plug in and play.That's all my stupid brain will let me handle.
Old 04-26-2024, 06:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimeshow22 View Post
I use a few things on my acoustic pedal board reverb chorus delay etc but when im heading out for simple gigs i use a multi effect pedal.....currently a zoom A1Xfour pedal . I like it a lot . It gives you a pedal board within a pedal . For example I can construct a patch that has a comp an eq a chorus and trem and i can assign the foot pedal to control the volume . It lets you toggle thru all your virtual pedals and turn them off and on in real time just like a physical pedal board . It has tons of really usable effects and the guitarlab software lets you swap out and add even more great effects like modulation and even overdrives .....it's really cool ! . While obviously not nearly as good as the different effects it purports to emulate , it does give reasonable facsimiles of fishman , LR Baggs eqs and loads of other famous kinds of compressions and chorus and reverbs and overdrives and also tons of emulations of famous guitar body sounds d18 . j45 ovations etc..... it's pretty dang good for the price . .....it's a swiss army knife that fits into a gig bag ......id love to hear about other peoples rigs that they use for live acoustic work .
Hi good times-etc

I like when the occasional sound tech (with a good ear) adds a touch of reverb to my instrument. That said, I never add it on my own.

I have enough trouble just focusing on hands and my playing without adding distractions for my feet to the mix.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 04-26-2024, 07:14 AM
Charter Member

Effects, yes, pedal board or multi ,no.

But the frontend for my PA consisted of a 6 space SKB rolling rack
With a Monster 2500 power conditioner a Langevin by Manley Dual Vocal Combo (2 channel) -mic pre- eq-and limiter/compressor and a TC Electronics 2 channel stereo reverb FX unit .

Which I could plug into my PA speaker/s of house system

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2024.3 Sonoma 14.4
Old 04-26-2024, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostatic View Post
Two trick...switch on the left for one trick and switch on the right for another trick. No scrolling - two presets easy. I have the Andy Timmons type delay on the left and a short slap with mod on the right and a mini MXR Tap Tempo with it.
Old 04-26-2024, 10:54 AM

I just got a Positive Grid Spark Live and I LOVE it on acoustic guitar! I have their wireless controller pedal on order.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification