The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 10:51 AM

Arrow **TRADED/SOLD** Rainsong P12 Marine Burst carbon fiber acoustic guitar

**TRADED/SOLD** Rainsong P12M carbon fiber 12 fret parlor-size acoustic guitar, 2014 build, with Venetian cutaway and a lovely blue burst finish (that shimmers and shifts hue in varying light) and custom modifications, including a sound port in place of original barn door electronics. Impervious to the elements – it's carbon fiber, so you can leave it out to play anytime, no humidification needed. Fitted with a passive Fishman pickup. Includes hard case and all Rainsong documents, plus extra’s. Received in trade in March 2016. I love this guitar but play it less often than expected (neck is just a tad too thick for me), so making a hard call 'just in case' I chase another guitar this year.

Tone is superb – a bright, slightly Taylor-like, but uniquely Rainsong voicing. Great for fingerstyle, very articulate and responsive. Booming tone when strumming, has depth and volume beyond its size. Spec's are standard P12: 1 3/4" nut, 24.9" scale length, 13 3/16” lower bout width, 4" deep body at heel, string spacing at bridge 2 3/16". All carbon-fiber/glass-fiber body construction. Tusq nut and upgraded bone saddle. Bridge pins have MOP buttons - seem to have a blue shimmer, complementing the marine blue body. Gotoh tuning machines with 1:18 gear ratio. Neck is a "C" shape (N2 version, with truss rod), slightly thicker than a Taylor neck. Clean fretboard, currently has removable markers which I'll either leave or remove, your choice. Has an endpin (for pickup) and neck pin. Barest of minimal fretwear. Overall condition is outstanding – no marks, dings, scratches, or blemishes to note. Guitar was professionally set up by Ron Jones at Cream City Music (Brookfield, WI), and is dialed in with low action and excellent intonation.

This guitar has two levels of customization, all done by the former owner (who runs a guitar effects business – knows his stuff!). First, the aesthetics were enhanced with white auto pinstriping outline around the guitar’s front (at the side edge – right about where the binding would be on a wood guitar) and headstock, plus a white double-circle rosette and white zirconium tuner buttons. And a cool white beveled pickguard. Creates a lovely blue/white motif. All are easily removed/reversed (if you like, I can do it for you, or you can after seeing the guitar if you don’t like the look). In addition to the white tuner buttons, the original chrome ones are included, plus a set of buffalo bone black tuner buttons the prior owner had installed at one time. And the spare Tusq saddle.

The second area of customization is on the electronics. The guitar came with a Fishman Prefix ‘barn door’ pickup system, but it was removed and a custom side sound port was created by installing a tear-shape opening cover over the original opening. The original Fishman passive undersaddle pickup is wired directly to the heel jack (works great), and the prior Fishman Prefix preamp is included in case you prefer having that reinstalled. As a bonus, the prior owner also mounted another Fishman Prefix unit into a stand-alone box as an extra preamp for use with this guitar, and I’d be happy to include that with this Rainsong.

This fabulous guitar plus excellent condition hard case (with numerical lock) and all the extra’s (saddle, two sets of tuner buttons, two extra pickups, all paperwork, etc.) is offered for $TRADED/SOLD for cash sale, includes fully insured, carefully packed US ground shipping with signature verification. New Marine Burst P12’s seem to be advertised consistently at or above $2000 - you can save BIG vs this on a recent vintage carbon fiber guitar.

Can email more photos, and happy to take new ones if you want specific looks or info. I've bought/traded/sold over 3 dozen guitars on AGF, and will gladly provide references. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by Carmel Cedar; 03-26-2018 at 07:26 PM. Reason: TRADED/SOLD
Old 02-24-2018, 12:33 PM
Charter Member

Andy,
This is truly an intriguing piece of modern day luthiery.
This won’t last long.

Here is an honest brother selling a good to have guitar.
Great price.

Alan
1980 Nakade classical, Spruce/EIR
and... a bunch of ukulele
Old 02-27-2018, 08:10 PM

Thanks Alan. The price is indeed very low. On this sale, I'd prefer to offer a straight-up, no frills price for folks interested in the maintenance-free, "leave it out" joy of a great sounding carbon fiber guitar!
Old 02-28-2018, 03:50 PM

What a cool looking axe from a great seller!
Old 02-28-2018, 06:17 PM
Charter Member

P-12’s are amazing guitars, this is an awesome package. Did the soundhole addition make a big difference in the tone? You’ve got my brain gears whirring on that one (see my sig below).
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)
Old 03-01-2018, 02:23 PM

PM sent ...
2017 Martin Retro 000-15 All-Mahogany
2019 Taylor FLTD 512ce 12fret Cedar/Koa
2022 Yamaha FS-830 TSB Sitka/Lam.RW
2023 Larrivee OM-40R Custom Bearclaw/EIR
2024 Taylor Academy 20E All-Walnut Sm.Dread
Old 03-02-2018, 04:32 PM

Default Rainsong P12 Marine Burst carbon fiber acoustic guitar

New to forum. Interested in purchasing you guitar. Don’t know the procedure.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:26 PM

Thanks for the kind comments Rye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintBob View Post
P-12’s are amazing guitars, this is an awesome package. Did the soundhole addition make a big difference in the tone?
Bob, the guitar already had the sound port when I got it, but I added a sound port to a Webber guitar a few years ago and it made a wonderful difference - really helped me as a player hear the tone and projection more clearly (story told here: http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=475179). I’m a fan!

Guitar is still available. PM's sent to knollhavenguita and keniki.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:09 PM
Charter Member

PMd with trade offer.
Collings 290, Suhr Antique Classic Limited Edition Roasted, PRS Silver SkyFender Super Champ XD, Boss Katana 100, Helix Floor
Old 03-03-2018, 01:03 AM

Seller is a great guy, and this is an excellent Rainsong...used to be mine, and if I had some spare guitar money, I'd snatch it back! Love the marine burst finish, and it's got a great tone. All mods are easily reversible, but personally, I think they really compliment and complete the package, if I do say so myself.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:52 AM
Charter Member

Really surprised this one has hung around this long. Very unique and a wonderful size for travel, sitting on the couch, or just noodling around. You won't find a better seller here on the AGF. GLWS
Emerald X-20 Custom SS

Life's been good to me so far....
Old 03-20-2018, 08:10 PM
Charter Member

Smile Andy Rocks!!!

Let me echo many here and sing Andy's praises. He is a super guy and takes VERY good care of his guitars. He also packs and ships the way it should be done!
Best on this. Surprised it is still here!!!

Cheers

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 03-21-2018, 01:26 PM

Can’t believe this is still here, great deal on a great guitar. Perfect intro for the carbon-curious guitarist.

My (non playing) lady friend just caught sight of it over my shoulder,
she oohed and aahed and thinks I should buy it just cos it’s so durn purty !

I prolly would do too if you weren’t an ocean away.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:29 PM
Charter Member

I will echo all the praises above. Andy is an outstanding guy to deal with. Also, this is a great price.

If you have never tried a carbon fiber guitar, here is the perfect opportunity.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:57 AM

I can't believe this is still here bump.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
rainsong carbon fiber