The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 03-07-2018, 09:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintBob View Post
That was wonderful Glenn, Bonnie Raitt and Bruce Hornsby would be impressed! Hope you are recovering well. I had a hip replacement in 2008 due to a running injury and it’s still going strong.
Hi Bob!

Thank you for your comments! I'm very pleased that you like this!

And how interesting that you also have had a hip joint replacement. I am very glad to read that you are doing well after 10 years! Very cool!

I am out about a week after my recent surgery and I am doing pretty well. The incision hurts some and my thigh feels like someone took a baseball bat to me in anger, but I am able to walk reasonably well using a cane, and I can do a pretty good job on all the exercises I am supposed to be doing. And I am taking no pain medication, so some discomfort is certainly expected. I am hanging in there.

- Glenn
Old 03-09-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
Very well done Glenn.
That song is very difficult to sing. You did it well.

For those who don't know, Mike Reid,one of the writers, played pro football for the Cincinnati Bengals. How about that ...a songwriting jock!
I was wondering if that was the football player Mike Reid. He was great on the keyboards and vocals. Had a brief Country music career.

Hey Glenn, joint replacements are pretty routine these days, so I'm thinking you're going to be back at it soon. I had a complicated knee replacement 1-1/2 years ago, and am doing well now. Cycle regularly and chase 8 grandchildren around quite a bit.

Very nice touch on that song as well. Looking forward to your next recording.
2012 RainSong H DR 1000(original owner)
2011 Gretsch Anniversary Model(original owner)
Mandolin- 1920's A-Style (unknown brand)
Mandolin- Fender Mandostrat
Banjo -2016 Gold Tone EBM-5+
Fender 2013- Strat
Old 03-09-2018, 07:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Stylish View Post
I was wondering if that was the football player Mike Reid. He was great on the keyboards and vocals. Had a brief Country music career.

Hey Glenn, joint replacements are pretty routine these days, so I'm thinking you're going to be back at it soon. I had a complicated knee replacement 1-1/2 years ago, and am doing well now. Cycle regularly and chase 8 grandchildren around quite a bit.

Very nice touch on that song as well. Looking forward to your next recording.
Thank you, Vance, for the good wishes and also, thanks for the comment on the song!

I'm glad to hear how well you are doing after your knee replacement. I do hope I won't have to go through that. So far, my knees are holding up well.

And I am doing quite well in my recovery from hip joint surgery!

- Glenn
Old 03-10-2018, 05:42 PM

First off.. I'm wishing you well on your recovery ! Hope you are doing good today.

Nicely done! I really enjoyed it! Guitar and vocals sound great.
Old 03-10-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post

This is my cover of Bonnie Raitt's song "I Can't Make You Love Me," written by Mike Reid and Allen Shamblin. This song is from her 1991 album "Luck of the Draw." This is a piano song written for a woman's range, so I transposed it and did the best I could to make this also a song for guitar. I hope you like this -- thank you for listening!

The guitar is my Sheppard GA Ave Maria.

This is the last song I will be able to do for a while as I will be having my rescheduled hip joint replacement surgery on Tuesday of next week. I have always loved this song so decided to figure it out while I could still hold a guitar on my lap.

- Glenn
Very nice playing and singing. Best wishes for a quick recovery,
Mike
Old 03-10-2018, 08:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeStone View Post
First off.. I'm wishing you well on your recovery ! Hope you are doing good today.

Nicely done! I really enjoyed it! Guitar and vocals sound great.
Thank you Jake!

Thanks for the kind words and the good wishes on my recovery! I am doing quite well! I even played the guitar a little today, though I had to put a pad on my right thigh to keep from aggravating my incision.

- Glenn
Old 03-10-2018, 08:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbler View Post
Very nice playing and singing. Best wishes for a quick recovery,
Mike
Thanks so much, Mike!

Very nice of you to weigh in on this and to offer your good wishes, as well. I am doing quite well considering my surgery was only 11 days ago. I am even going out to the theater tonight with my wife to see our grand daughter in a musical, "Billy Elliot." I do hope the theater seats are comfortable!!!

- Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell