The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-09-2018, 10:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsman View Post
I normally come out as an ENFP (they call it “The Campaigner”, but I refer to it as “The Smartass”), and I had an interesting experience back in the early 1990s. At that time I was recently out of school and working in audit. During a meeting of the Insitute of Internal Auditors, they had an expert come and give a MBTI analogue, and the results were interesting. There were about 150 folks in the room, and when the results were graphed, there were about 149 dots in one quadrant and about one (mine) in the opposite quadrant. That’s when I realized that I needed a new career path! I have never regretted leaving the accounting/auditing field...
Just guessing but I'd have thought that most auditors would fall under I or E STJ.....

For example, the best personality for accounting jobs, chief financial officers or auditors is ISTJ. This combination describes an introvert-sensor-thinker-judger. This sort of person understands the importance of his or her responsibilities and remains committed to them. ISTJs are also going to be hard workers if the Myers-Briggs is anything to go by. These are people who, according to each of the four categories, enjoy working alone or in small groups at a calculated speed. They are pragmatic people who tend to focus on the facts. The logically analyze situations before making decisions, taking into account the pros and the cons and weighing them delicately. Finally, these people tend to be organized. They plan out everything.

Gosh I'm good....
Martin 000-15sm
Old 01-09-2018, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
Just guessing but I'd have thought that most auditors would fall under I or E STJ.....

For example, the best personality for accounting jobs, chief financial officers or auditors is ISTJ. This combination describes an introvert-sensor-thinker-judger. This sort of person understands the importance of his or her responsibilities and remains committed to them. ISTJs are also going to be hard workers if the Myers-Briggs is anything to go by. These are people who, according to each of the four categories, enjoy working alone or in small groups at a calculated speed. They are pragmatic people who tend to focus on the facts. The logically analyze situations before making decisions, taking into account the pros and the cons and weighing them delicately. Finally, these people tend to be organized. They plan out everything.

Gosh I'm good....

And... that is SO not me! I’m a seat-of-the-pants flyer!
Old 01-09-2018, 10:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsman View Post
And... that is SO not me! I’m a seat-of-the-pants flyer!
Let me guess - sales????

To succeed in sales, one has to be friendly, approachable, and knowledgeable. ENFPs are well suited for a variety of sales positions such as sales assistants, managers, and representatives. They engage easily with customers and can make a killer sales pitch. ENFPs positive charm and their desire to help others make them the perfect candidates for a career in sales.
Martin 000-15sm
Old 01-09-2018, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogthefrog View Post
Myers-Briggs is a lot like astrology. My type is ROFL.
I should have been STFU, but more like FIGJAM
Old 01-10-2018, 07:15 AM
Charter Member

I believe the Myers - Briggs test was designed to help doctors get a head start when helping people. It saves months of interaction with a patient. The data generated by a medical test tells you and I something but to a trained person it explains allot more. When people look at the data from a CAT scan they don't understand much. But when it comes to a personality test they are all experts. Understanding what you don't know is the key to an enlightened life. It doesn't mean the knowledge is garbage.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road
Old 03-14-2018, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Let me guess - sales????

To succeed in sales, one has to be friendly, approachable, and knowledgeable. ENFPs are well suited for a variety of sales positions such as sales assistants, managers, and representatives. They engage easily with customers and can make a killer sales pitch. ENFPs positive charm and their desire to help others make them the perfect candidates for a career in sales.

Funny enough, these days, I’m managing (just barely!) implementation of a cloud-based supplier information management system. I think I’d prefer sales!
Old 03-20-2018, 08:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I just re-did mine, and it came out to INTP compared to INFP about ten years ago. It includes many careers which I would have preferred to the one I actually practiced for 30+ years. The single letter difference (T vs F) signifies briefly that I base decisions less on other peoples' feelings now (as a retiree) then I would have ten years ago as a Special Education Teacher. Makes sense to me....
I’m INTP also.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:30 AM
Charter Member

Cool thread! An ESTJ here, married to an ENTJ. We took the MB test before we got married, and again about 10 yrs ago. Virtually no change to the results in 15+ yrs between exams. Yes, we are soulmates

For Sale: 2023 Collings D2H 1 3/4 Nut, Adi Bracing, NTB -- $4250 shipped
Old 03-22-2018, 07:03 AM
Charter Member

I'm an ENTJ.

Took a corporate sponsored test for company leaders.

Ten years later I took the test again and I was, again ENTJ, but this time almost equally ENFJ.

000-15 / GC7 / GA3-12 / SB2-C / SB2-Cp / AVC-11MHx / AC-240
Old 03-22-2018, 07:26 AM
Charter Member

I usually don't put to much faith in such things, but for fun I took it a few months back. Can't remember the result but the tag that went along with it was "virtuoso" - so now I'm really thinking there must be something to this
Eastman John Pisano
Gibson Johnny A
Franklin Prairie State
Collings D1A

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic