The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-12-2018, 02:20 PM

Default Fifine wireless microphone.

I took a chance which panned out big time. I was looking for a wireless mic with a dongle receiver that would plug directly into a PA or guitar amp. When I was doing a search for such a product, I came across Fifine Karaoke microphone (K035B). I did a search on Youtube for some reviews, and the couple I found said it was actually quite good. Very well made in spite of it’s ultra low $35 price.

Anyway I ordered it and it came today. Holy cow this thing sounds good. I ABed it with my Shure Beta 58 through my Bose S1 Pro. There is a small amount of handling noise compared to the Beta58 and it needs a foam windscreen or it will pop the Ps. The Beta58 is particularly good at handling noise.

I was thinking this would be a great system to have in bag so that I could work with guest singers when I was gigging. That it only had to be moderately good in that context.

Anyway, this mic goes way beyond my expectations. The build quality is all metal and top notch. The sound is fantastic. In fact, once we put the foam windscreen on, both my son and I preferred it to the Beta58! The receiver plugs right into the back of the amp with no cables or power supplies.

I haven’t had it long enough to make an observation about battery life, but the Youtube reviews all said it was pretty good.

It can work on multiple channels and seems to have enough range to reach all the way around my house. The light on the receiver turns red when it’s paired. It is green when the power is on but it’s not paired.

Anyway, I’m about to order a second one in a slightly different color.

https://www.fifine.cc/product/wirele...rophone-k035b/

https://www.fifine.cc/product/wireless-microphone-k035/

Last edited by lkingston; 03-12-2018 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:15 PM
AGF Sponsor

These microphones are great. I don’t sing so I never set up a conventional microphone and it’s great to have one of these in my bag in case a client wants to do announcements. It takes up less room than a 58 and a cable.

I have used mine for about a year and it is holding up well. I have been in a couple of situations where there was a lot of radio interference and the mic picked it up. I keep a 58 and a mic cable in my truck just in case.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDWilliams View Post
These microphones are great. I don’t sing so I never set up a conventional microphone and it’s great to have one of these in my bag in case a client wants to do announcements. It takes up less room than a 58 and a cable.

I have used mine for about a year and it is holding up well. I have been in a couple of situations where there was a lot of radio interference and the mic picked it up. I keep a 58 and a mic cable in my truck just in case.
It does have 20 channels. You should be able to switch channels if there is interference.

Last edited by lkingston; 03-14-2018 at 03:48 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
It does have 20 channels. You should be able to switch channels if there is interference.

This thing sounds so good I ordered another one, in silver this time. I am really picky about mics. If this didn’t sound as good as it does I wouldn’t recommend it so highly.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:21 AM
Charter Member

I picked up one of these for grins, but I cannot get it to sync. I tried the
reset procedures on the website multiple times but no luck. This is my
first attempt with anything 'wireless'. Any idea as to what I am missing?
Thanks.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meb View Post
I picked up one of these for grins, but I cannot get it to sync. I tried the

reset procedures on the website multiple times but no luck. This is my

first attempt with anything 'wireless'. Any idea as to what I am missing?

Thanks.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:03 AM

I had to reset mine the first time as well. The way it changes channels is to increment both the transmitter and receiver up a channel at a time. If they are on different channels, the reset will bring them both back to the same first channel. From there you can increment through the twenty channels.

It’s been fine since that initial reset.

Last edited by lkingston; 03-23-2018 at 09:09 AM.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:08 AM

The receiver on the ads is pictured with a TS plug, but it came with a TRS plug. I wrote the company to see if that meant it was a TRS balanced connection. Unfortunately, that is not the case. The changed it to TRS stereo because some users were using it with camera gear and wanted the audio to both channels. In spite of this, it seems to work just fine with TRS line level mixer connections.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:12 AM

Just be aware of the 1/4” plug. This system works well with my Elite Acoustics D6-8 or Bose S1 systems. It would be the wrong plug for a Fishman Loudbox Mini (or any system that only had an XLR connector on its mic channel).
Old 03-23-2018, 12:10 PM
Charter Member

I got one and it’s great for wedding speeches etc but doesn’t sound as good as my own mic (which is as I expected).

Do you know if we should be plugging it into a mic level or line level input?
Old 03-23-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
I got one and it’s great for wedding speeches etc but doesn’t sound as good as my own mic (which is as I expected).

That’s what I expected, but mine both sound really great. I was originally going to get it just for announcements and for people who wanted to sing harmonies with me. I really like it. They have a slightly cheaper model. Are you sure you don’t have that. Maybe they changed the element. Maybe my ears aren’t as critical as yours (though the other musicians I’ve demoed it for agree that it sounds really good).

It does need a foam pop filter to stop the plosives.

I just got a couple of these Sennheiser bags. One bag fits both the mic and the receiver:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...red_Pouch.html
Old 03-23-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post

You got me curious so I did a little testing.

The output level seems to be somewhere between mic and line level. It works well with my EAE D6-8 or Bose S1, but it is too soft for the line in on my Mackie Reach and too hot when you use an adapter to plug it into the XLR mic level input. I could use a combination of an adapter and a pad, but what a pain that would be.

The output level is about perfect with the Behringer XR-12 or 16 on the non-pre-amped channels. The only thing in that case is that the receivers antenna are sideways instead of upright. It still seems to reach all around the house so I doubt that is a big deal.

Last edited by lkingston; 03-23-2018 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:48 PM
Charter Member

The one I got was about $35. Is that what you have?
Old 03-23-2018, 03:52 PM

Seems like a cool mic but I have come to realize then when it comes to wireless systems, you really don't want to go too affordable. For that kind of price, something had to be sacrificed. I wouldn't want to rely on it, especially if I was in charge of sound for a wedding.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
Seems like a cool mic but I have come to realize then when it comes to wireless systems, you really don't want to go too affordable. For that kind of price, something had to be sacrificed. I wouldn't want to rely on it, especially if I was in charge of sound for a wedding.

I would use this at a high profile gig like a wedding without hesitation.

Let me clarify this. I wouldn’t use it from a soundman position from the back of a large room to a singer on stage. I would use a high end diversity system in that context.

I would use it from a stage to a stage operated PA mixer typical of a band or solo act doing their own sound. In that context the difference between this system and a high end wireless is going to be minimal. Once I put a foam windscreen on it to handle the plosives, the sound quality of the mic is competitive with my Beta 58s. There is slightly more handling noise than the 58, but less than my Samson Q7 and about the same as my Telefunken M80. Way less than other low budget systems. Wireless connection is solid to at least three times the distance you would need doing sound from a stage.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification