The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-01-2012, 11:47 PM

Default Plastic washer on tuning peg

The plastic washer on one of my tuners is broken. Hate to have to buy a new set of tuners just for that. Can it be replaced? Went to Lowe's and Home Depot and they didn't have any washers that narrow
Old 04-02-2012, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri View Post
The plastic washer on one of my tuners is broken. Hate to have to buy a new set of tuners just for that. Can it be replaced? Went to Lowe's and Home Depot and they didn't have any washers that narrow
Try www.stewmac.com. If they don't have it, nobody probably has it.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri View Post
I had the same thing happen to me last year or so.. I couldn't find any of them anywhere so I just decided to live with it instead of getting an all new set of tuners and installing them. From what I can tell it doesn't affect the mechanical movements of the tuner or the overall tone in anyway.
early 1930's A-Type mandolin (restored)

Sold:
'07 PRS SE Singlecut
'14 Eastman AC720
Old 04-02-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsplayer12 View Post
I had the same thing happen to me last year or so.. I couldn't find any of them anywhere so I just decided to live with it instead of getting an all new set of tuners and installing them. From what I can tell it doesn't affect the mechanical movements of the tuner or the overall tone in anyway.
Yea the tuner still works, it just spins too freely. As it looks to me, the washer maintains friction on the tuning head/knob. So with no tension the knob can get knocked out of wack easily. Oh well, excuse to get 510's
Old 09-27-2013, 01:06 PM

Thumbs up washers found here

http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/t...tsbushings.htm.
Scroll to the last 2 items on that page :

TK-7716-003 GUITAR TUNER SHAFT SPRING WASHERS. (12) metal spring washers for sealed guitar tuners. Mount on the shaft between the tuner button and housing. $3.79

TK-7716-025 WHITE GUITAR TUNER BUTTON WASHERS. (12) white nylon washers for most sealed guitar keys. $3.99

I'm waiting for a delivery of both, which I need for a Vantage VS-12-string acoustic tuner rebuild. Will post my results in the coming weeks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Fender Squier Strat (modified)
Gibson SG Classic
Rickenbacker 330-12
Rickenbacker 360-12c63
Rickenbacker 325c58
Rickenbacker 650C
Gretsch 6128T
Gibson SJ-200 Pete Townshend
Vantage VS-12

Last edited by Rickenbro; 09-27-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:16 PM

Allparts carries these parts, as well. Just give them a call at (713) 466-6414 during Central Daylight business hours, and they'll get you what you need.

whm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion