The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 12-26-2016, 01:23 PM

Default Gibson Gospel 1994 damaged and repaired FS

I'm new to guitar sales online, but am really active in water sports gear sales and bike stuff groups, where so many supportive people help and encourage in a super positive way. I looked your group over, and decided to jump in. I need some help and advice. I have a 100 year anniversary Gibson Gospel 1994 acoustic that was a gift from a grateful client when he heard my guitar had been stolen in a burglary many years ago. I stored it, played it occasionally and sometime in 2010, my son (then 2 yo) played with the tuning keys while I was away working, and the neck snapped, need less to say, I din't hear about it right away) and I was devastated). I had it repaired by a luthier in Homer, Alaska, and it seems OK. A local musician here on Kodiak looked at it and said it was still a bit tweaked, and that the break and the repair had really impaired the value and performance of the guitar (but he's a bit prickly at times, and he was a bit grumpy that day). I haven't played it much, I think it seems OK, but it's likely not totally as nice as it was, or could be. It needs a new home, and we, as a family, need some extra $$. I've played since I was 8 (several decades ago - not saying how many, but not much in the last 20 years unfortunately.

Lots of folks thought it might not be worth more than $550, so I'm happy to start there and see how we go.

Thanks for looking and I'll send images quickly if you're interested.

[email protected]

Email me and I can send you images, I stumbled adding images here - apologies, I also have images posted on the Guitar BST Questions and Answers FB page.

Last edited by gibsongospel199; 12-26-2016 at 01:26 PM. Reason: improve accuracy of post
Old 12-26-2016, 02:47 PM
Charter Member

Smile Welcome

Welcome to the candy store! Sounds like a sad story. Sorry to hear of your guitars travails…

Best of luck with the pics! I can NOT get them up here from my iPad. I just list on Reverb and link the ad.

I lived in Kodiak for almost a year, and all over Alaska for 14 years. Moved back to California in 1998.

Is the Mecca still in business? It was a regular bucket of blood when I was there!

I remember drunken fisherman taking their crewmates back to the boats in a wheelbarrow… And we once had people plonk a 55 gallon drum of huge king crabs on the stage! Haha

All the best on your sale, and a very prosperous and healthy new year!

Cheers

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
1994, for sale!, gibson acoustic, gospel, repaired