The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 11-11-2016, 08:49 AM

Default Youtube Guitar Demos you watch for the playing?

Sort of a nonsense topic for a Friday, but one of my co-workers and I were discussing Youtube guitar demos that we end up watching over and over just because of the tone and playing. Just wondering if you all do the same?

If so, post them up here so I can watch them instead of working this afternoon!

As I own one of these and I'm a sucker for slide guitar (even though I'm a less than mediocre player) I'm partial...but I think this is superb:

https://youtu.be/339jhoQsXY0

Enjoy
Old 11-11-2016, 10:04 AM

Yeah, I watch Greg Koch's demos for Wildwood guitars all the time for that reason. He's a madman!
Old 11-11-2016, 10:29 AM

I have to confess that I do the same. I also like Chappers videos, mostly for the crazy antics but Robs playing is pretty good as well.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanic1908 View Post
I have to confess that I do the same. I also like Chappers videos, mostly for the crazy antics but Robs playing is pretty good as well.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk
I also like the Anderton's vids. Even if you don't like Chappers' playing style, they do a very good job of exploring the full range of the product's capabilities. Too many demos, in my opinion, show a relatively driven tone, but that's about it.

But yes, Chappers is a touring pro with tight chops and seems to play a wider variety of styles on a regular basis in his demos than just shred.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
I also like the Anderton's vids. Even if you don't like Chappers' playing style, they do a very good job of exploring the full range of the product's capabilities. Too many demos, in my opinion, show a relatively driven tone, but that's about it.

But yes, Chappers is a touring pro with tight chops and seems to play a wider variety of styles on a regular basis in his demos than just shred.
Agreed. I think they're pretty entertaining regardless of the playing but it's nice to see someone show the range of styles you can play on most any guitar.

Im actually really enjoying the "Sound Like ___ without breaking the bank" videos they have on the Andertons channel.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:12 AM

Search Drowning in Guitars he demos old Asian electrics and gets some nice tones out of them
Old 11-13-2016, 04:52 PM

For me it's the mysterious Satsuma3042!!!! He's got note-for-note to an artform. Even the most tricky Van Halen is no match for him!:

Note perfect! Could that be Eddie in the noodle shop?
Old 11-14-2016, 07:35 AM

Anderton's Journeyman Postmodern video. Can't count how many times I've watched that one.
Old 11-16-2016, 09:34 AM

I probably listen to this one at least once per week.

I just find it amazing Pete Thorn incorporated several guitar parts into one song.

Starts off subtle then just rips.

YouTube Channel - Guitars, Gear, Unboxing
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_w..._k-vCqoY7yPm1Q
Old 11-16-2016, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post

I also like Anderton's videos the best, for product info and for the chemistry between Chappers and The Captain - and Chappers is a fine player, too.

Greg Koch has monster chops, but his abrasive talk-radio style is far too grating - no can watch.

Phil X - even though I don't seek out his vids anymore, I really enjoyed Phil X's enthusiastic shtick when I first saw him, which, given his super-fine rock 'n roll chops, worked so well to convey the joy of playing. I'm pleased for him that he's latched on to a mega gig. He just seems like one of the good guys.

Last edited by jomaynor; 11-16-2016 at 10:13 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars