The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 11-09-2016, 08:45 AM

Default First Song Play Through with the New 2016 Les Paul!

So I have a NGD thread below, I bought a 2016 Les Paul Traditional Honey Burst about 2.5 weeks ago and love it. This is my Holy Grail guitar.

I remember in 1987 I saw John Sykes from Whitesnake play "Still of the Night" on a Les Paul Black Beauty and that was it. I didn't want to play drums anymore. I wish I took up the guitar back then when I was 16.

I picked up a guitar in June 2015 so I'm pretty much noob. In the 1.5 years I learned a ton and credit this forums as well as The Gear Page, My Les Paul, Strat Talk and TPDI (Telecaster forum).

Remember when Evanescense was huge back in 2001-2004. They had "Bring Me to Life", "My Immortal" (Can't remember the movie soundtrack), "Going Under"? This song was my wife's idea so why not, she bought half the guitar anyway.

Off this album I always like that song "Everybody's Fool", don't think it got any radio play but I normally don't really like the hits. They just play the crap out of them on the radio.

Anyway, here is me playing "Everybody's Fool" by Evanescense on the newly acquired 2016 Les Paul.

YouTube Channel - Guitars, Gear, Unboxing
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_w..._k-vCqoY7yPm1Q
Old 11-10-2016, 07:32 AM

JP - I just watched the entire video. Great job, you've progressed nicely in 1.5 years. I remember a girl I was dating back then bought their first CD when Bring me Back to Life came out.

Beautiful Les Paul! What amp were you using?

Did you pull out a cigarette in the middle of the song? Just like a rock star .
Old 11-16-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
JP - I just watched the entire video. Great job, you've progressed nicely in 1.5 years. I remember a girl I was dating back then bought their first CD when Bring me Back to Life came out.

Beautiful Les Paul! What amp were you using?

Did you pull out a cigarette in the middle of the song? Just like a rock star .
Haha, not a cig...it was an Altoid. Not a rock star move at all.

Thanks for the kind words, being a noobie and putting it out there for everyone to see is tough. So many times I want to yank videos I've made because my OCD gets the best of me.

I don't own an amp or pedals (sold it all and went digital). I use the Line 6 POD 500X currently. The tone was a Plexi 100W / 4x12 Greenback Cabinet / Shure 57 Mic / Studio EQ / Compressor starts the chain / Tube Screamer / Hall Reverb / Digital Delay. I have PreSonus 5.25 studio monitors but I used the POD as an audio interface when tracking audio.

I'd like to get a Line 6 Helix, Kemper or Fractal eventually but for now this will do.

YouTube Channel - Guitars, Gear, Unboxing
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_w..._k-vCqoY7yPm1Q

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars