The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 09-29-2013, 06:59 PM

Default Got a picture of your Ameritage Case?

Joel Stehr is building my guitar now and one of the options I've decided to go with is the custom Ameritage case. I've checked out the Ameritage website and they have a interactive section to put together the different color options, but it's difficult to see what it will really look like. So, if you have one of these cases I'd love to see a photo of it.

2008 Taylor 714ce Fall Ltd. Koa/Cedar
Old 09-29-2013, 10:14 PM

My Ameritage case is one of the standard colours so I won't post a picture -- but I can say that they are my favourite in that price range. They look classy and feel solid. Add in the Stehr logo and it seems like a really cool option.

Congratulations on getting a build with Joel.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:37 AM

If you have seen one , you've seen em all!
Rickr
Old 10-06-2013, 03:52 AM
Charter Member

If you are getting an Ameritage case be careful with the handle. The one on my Ameritage case broke and they did not honour the warranty because apprently I should have sent them the little form to somehow make the waranty valid. Oh and they weigh a tonne. But those gripes aside they are strong and attractive cases. Mine is tan with dark brown edges, if I had the chance again I would go for the grey one.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:05 AM
Charter Member

They are good cases, but definitely have issues with the handles.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Charter Member

I have 31 Ameritage cases currently in my possession and have never had a handle failure. Of course, I don't gig and I don't travel with my guitars so I'm not a very good test case. But now you guys have given me another thing to think about when I wake up at 4:30 am.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martz911 View Post
I have 31 Ameritage cases currently in my possession and have never had a handle failure. Of course, I don't gig and I don't travel with my guitars so I'm not a very good test case. But now you guys have given me another thing to think about when I wake up at 4:30 am.

See, i assumed you have 31 Ameritage cases, but only 3 guitars
which , if true would explain the good fortune you have in the
handle department,

Rick
Old 10-07-2013, 06:31 PM

I have a TKL case for my Martin. It was less than a year old and one night, as I was pulling it out of the back seat after a gig, the handle broke. One of the attachments ripped right out of the handle. I think it was the perfect storm of me pulling at just the right angle with more force than was actually needed. I consider it a fluke as opposed to poor quality. But I could be wrong about that
'18 Martin GP-28E
'65 Epiphone Zenith archtop
Old 10-08-2013, 04:57 AM
Charter Member

I believe that my Ameritage case handle broke because the metal ring that links the case and the handle was a rounded D shape. The material that connected the handle to this D ring progressively tore apart on both sides over time, and I believe that this was because of the unnecessary force the rounded D shape placed on it. The luggage repair man that put a new handle on agreed with me. He fitted a square-shaped ring that avoided the rounded “shoulders” of the D and thus the unnecessary force on the connection to the handle itself. Also the new handle has a much stronger piece of leather around the square metal piece.

I don’t have 31 cases (wish I did!) but my none of my other cases (TKL, Cedar Creek, Martin, Calton and Hiscox) have ever showed a problem like this. Heck, it may have been a fluke with the Ameritage, but I thought the OP should know about it and also about how Ameritage responded to it.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colins View Post
I believe that my Ameritage case handle broke because the metal ring that links the case and the handle was a rounded D shape. The material that connected the handle to this D ring progressively tore apart on both sides over time, and I believe that this was because of the unnecessary force the rounded D shape placed on it. The luggage repair man that put a new handle on agreed with me. He fitted a square-shaped ring that avoided the rounded “shoulders” of the D and thus the unnecessary force on the connection to the handle itself. Also the new handle has a much stronger piece of leather around the square metal piece.

I don’t have 31 cases (wish I did!) but my none of my other cases (TKL, Cedar Creek, Martin, Calton and Hiscox) have ever showed a problem like this. Heck, it may have been a fluke with the Ameritage, but I thought the OP should know about it and also about how Ameritage responded to it.
The Ameritage that went with my FB did the same thing. Also, the wrap / covering was coming loose, so I broke down and got a Hoffee for that guitar.

They're definitely built like a tank, and that shows in the weight.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop