The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-15-2016, 04:42 PM
Charter Member

The Emeralds need to have special work done during manufacture to be able to use the K&K type SBT's. They need to flatten and smooth that area to make sure the surface will accept the transducers.

I had the B-Band in my X20 and I wasn't crazy about it. It wasn't bad but I just would rather have had the K&K. I emailed Emerald to see if I could just add one but was told they need to do the special processing of that area so no, I could not.

If I ever custom order an X20 (or any Emerald) I would definitely get the K&K. I have them in most of my guitars and I really like them. Great sound and the ultimate in simplicity.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:55 PM
Charter Member

I use a Taylor V-Cable with all my guitars. It is not a balanced cable - you can use it with any guitar. I only have one guitar with a passive pickup, the reason I first bought the V-Cable. BUT, it is great to switch guitars without the "POP" or having to switch off/standby on the amp/PA. It is a volume cable AND on/off. My favorite guitar cord. I originally thought it was a bit pricey, but quickly came to realize it is so worth it.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:11 AM
Guest 928

Captain;

I'm glad to hear to say that the Taylor is OK with a passive pickup. I remember that there was some reason I did not go with the Taylor, I just do not remember the specific reason. In any event, the Taylor is more widely available and if my cord dies I'll be replacing it with a Taylor. Thank you for weighing in on the point.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:21 PM
Guest 928

So, I have not heard back from Godlyke. I went on line to check out the Taylor cable and it appears to be out of stock. I looked the cable up on the Taylor site and it appears to no longer exist. I did find one cable, on Amazon, and it is listed as the last one in stock. It is about $85 which seems like a lot but if my current cable was not working I would go for the Taylor.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:29 PM
Charter Member

Looks like there is a shop in NY who has some posted on eBay for $57 and some change with free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Taylor-Guita...wAAOSwYlJW1uC1

I paid around that for mine and it's been a great cable.

Hope this helps!
Iris Smeck Slope Shoulder Dread
Iris AB Model
Many Takamine Pro series
Godin A8 Mandolin
Old 11-16-2016, 02:23 PM

I had a Taylor V-cable for a couple of months. It came with a GS Mini that also had the ES Go pickup installed. When I sold that guitar (to a young performer just starting out) I let all the parts go with it.

It was a nice cable as I recall, and it was a nice bonus to be able to turn the pickup off for plugging and unplugging.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber