The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 07:33 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCCougar View Post
This happened to me on ebay once. A zero feedback seller, I won the auction, he backed out of the deal. We had a contract! I wanted that guitar! But the payment was refunded, so it's a tough argument telling a judge that you've been "damaged." What have you lost? No damage, no case.
Actually, it's rather easy. In this type of case, you're out the difference of what replacing the guitar would be. All I have to do is find past sales of '51 ES-350's and any current ones for sale. She pays the difference between our contract price and the average of the replacements. In this case, the range is from 5K to 9K.
2021 Emerald X7 Select
2020 Emerald X10 Woody Select 3-way
2016 Emerald X20 Artisan
2002 Gibson J185EC JJ Cale
2009 Gibson EC-20
1974 Alvarez Dreadnought
2013 Woody Tahitian hybrid Uke
2008 Zager 3/4 Size
Some camp fire guitars, classical's,
& electric's
Old 10-26-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Player View Post
Actually, it's rather easy. In this type of case, you're out the difference of what replacing the guitar would be. All I have to do is find past sales of '51 ES-350's and any current ones for sale. She pays the difference between our contract price and the average of the replacements. In this case, the range is from 5K to 9K.
Well, good luck, Puerto. Actually, it looked like that guitar had been at the bottom of a river for some weeks....
Old 10-26-2016, 08:59 AM

Quote:
I can't see how you could, in good conscience, tell us in one thread that theguitar would need work equal the selling price, then say you seek damages for 3-6 times the selling price? Without possession of the guitar how could you prove any losses?

I hate to say, this is horrible.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
You guys crack me up, yea, let's take a pole! She lied, both to eBay and me, she breached the Contract with another lie. Oh, just so we're clear, she relisted it as a '56 not a '51. So, what do you think, now she's smarter just enough but still has no idea what year it is? She's a crook, and the reason she does it and get's away with it is because of people like you with no spine. Grow up and enter the real world.
Did she disclose that the guitar happened to be full of cat feces? That'd be a shame...

Yes, I have a spine. I stand up against people like you.

George
Old 10-26-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
You guys crack me up, yea, let's take a pole! She lied, both to eBay and me, she breached the Contract with another lie. Oh, just so we're clear, she relisted it as a '56 not a '51. So, what do you think, now she's smarter just enough but still has no idea what year it is? She's a crook, and the reason she does it and get's away with it is because of people like you with no spine. Grow up and enter the real world.
Nope. If she is a crook she does it because there's a sucker born every minute.

Not much profit in crime if you don't take the money...

I'm not spineless. I'm just able to tell the difference between when a fight is worth it and when it isn't.

So assuming she is dumb, haven't you heard the saying "don't argue with a stupid person, and don't get into fight with an ugly guy. You can't win because the first one can't be reasoned with, and the second one has nothing to lose."

You have something to lose. Your time and emotional pain.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:24 AM
Charter Member

We've had enough fighting and bickering over this issue. The OP is going to do what he wants to do regardless of anyone else's disapproval. Now that the thread has degenerated into personal attacks, this discussion is over.

Thanks,
Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars