The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 10-09-2010, 08:59 PM

Default Baranik at McCabe's

Hi everyone

I've mentioned the outstanding JX at McCabe's before. It's still there price now reduced to $XXXX, their price! New instrument. Has been in the store for a couple of years, I think. Cocobolo/German. Sounds incredible. If I weren't receiving a new one soon, I'd pick this up in a flash.

Jenn

Last edited by Fliss; 10-10-2010 at 02:01 AM. Reason: AGF rule 2, no guitar price discussion
Old 10-10-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennconducts View Post
Hi everyone

I've mentioned the outstanding JX at McCabe's before. It's still there price now reduced to $XXXX, their price! New instrument. Has been in the store for a couple of years, I think. Cocobolo/German. Sounds incredible. If I weren't receiving a new one soon, I'd pick this up in a flash.

Jenn
I've played that Baranik when I went to McCabes. It was a nice sounding guitar but honestly, I preferred some of the other fine instruments in the shop to that guitar. There was a Charis SJ there at the time that sounded pretty good to my ears.
Omega Legacy MJ02 (#116) in Birdseye Maple & Bearclaw Sitka
Tom Anderson Cobra in Flame Maple on Mahogany
Old 10-10-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akivisuals View Post
I've played that Baranik when I went to McCabes. It was a nice sounding guitar but honestly, I preferred some of the other fine instruments in the shop to that guitar. There was a Charis SJ there at the time that sounded pretty good to my ears.
When last I played it, I would have agreed with you. It wasn't my favorite Baranik to be sure. But this time it just sang. Maybe new strings/setup? Maybe it has broken in and has found its voice? Don't know, but it was wonderful on Friday. The Claris is gone, as is the best example of the mahohony Martin LJ that I've experienced, including LJ's own.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:17 PM

P.S. Sorry, mods for listing the price. I should have remembered that rule.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop