The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-03-2017, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel and wood View Post
Wow, wonder why so heavy?

Great looking guitar though!
Yeah, these CV50's Teles are all over the map weight-wise.. I hear a lot of them approach ten pounds, though - although some are a lot lighter.

The body is pine, but that doesn't seem to have any impact on whether they're heavy or not.. Seems like it's a roll of the dice..

As I mentioned, this one is heavy, but it plays and sounds great - so it's a keeper. I just use a wide 3-inch leather strap on it. That helps a lot with the weight.

Old 01-03-2017, 07:43 PM
Charter Member

Todd and Beachrunner, I have looked at these and they really look nice. I can see why they are popular. A good way to try a Tele at a budget price. -- Darwin
Old 01-04-2017, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
Todd and Beachrunner, I have looked at these and they really look nice. I can see why they are popular. A good way to try a Tele at a budget price. -- Darwin
Yeah, these Classic Vibes are surprisingly good guitars. I've got two CV Teles, and they're both fantastic players. (The two on the right..)

Old 01-04-2017, 06:33 PM

I got a CVC Tele sunburst used for $300 Can. and it's a really good guitar. Solid workmanship,great "country twang'" if you like it and the stock alnico 5's are just dandy! A real sleeper folks. The common complaint seems to be about the thin neck on them as well as the input jack but I don't have any problems with it. Check them out on YouTube. The vid with Chappie and the Captain doing a blindfold test is classic. Chappie mixed the Squier up with the Custom Shop! On Anderton's site from England.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:52 PM

Good thing I found this thread. I recently purchased a Squire Classic Tele in Butterscotch color, supposed to have a little better pick up system. Plays real nice and is finished real well. Question; What size allen wrench to lower the action in the ash tray. I have two set standard and metric and nothing fits. Is it a hex wrench for some weird form I havn't seen before. I cant believe out of forty wrenches nothing fits. Weird.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:52 PM

I'm quite sure that the size is 1.5 mm. for the saddle adjustment.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachrunner View Post
Yeah, these Classic Vibes are surprisingly good guitars. I've got two CV Teles, and they're both fantastic players. (The two on the right..)

Why own only one Telecaster when you can own four. (What a great photo).
Old 01-04-2017, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel and wood View Post
Why own only one Telecaster when you can own four. (What a great photo).
Thanks, Steel. And they all sound different!
Old 01-05-2017, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
I'm quite sure that the size is 1.5 mm. for the saddle adjustment.
Thanks, have to purchase a new kit. Just checked, its btw 1.5 and 2mm. One is too small, the other too large. Standard does not work either. Must be some kind of special size. 1/5/17, just found a wrench that fits. It is btw 1.5 / 2mm. It is standard, must be measured in 64th's, not sure because I found it in a box of loose tools at a garage sale a while back. I guess when they built these they must have a one off set of screws for this production line, cant think of any other reason.

Last edited by GHS; 01-06-2017 at 06:59 AM. Reason: info more info

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars