The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-03-2017, 06:42 AM

Default Select Series 11/17

Nice Koa!

Old 11-03-2017, 07:21 AM
Charter Member

OMG - these are gorgeous! I am running out of descriptive terms.

I see the X20 is already sold - anyone here snag that one?
Old 11-03-2017, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post

Hi Jim,

The X20 was indeed snapped up very very quickly. That person was on the ball! It's going to Brazil!

Best Wishes,

Sean
Old 11-03-2017, 07:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

Wasn't me - lol! Seriously though, these guitars have become so popular that people like us are just waiting for the ball to drop to snatch them up! I can see a day when people are sitting up to all hours of the night hitting their refresh buttons, hands poised to strike the 'Buy Now' button!!
Old 11-03-2017, 09:08 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Wasn't me - lol! Seriously though, these guitars have become so popular that people like us are just waiting for the ball to drop to snatch them up! I can see a day when people are sitting up to all hours of the night hitting their refresh buttons, hands poised to strike the 'Buy Now' button!!
LOL! Ah, but the folks at Emerald keep us guessing with what day of the month they will release the Select Series... good for insomniacs, not so good for those of us who aren't up surfing in the middle of the night.

One of the last all-wood guitars I considered was a lovely Taylor K22 at a Road Show a few years ago. Taylor does a great job with koa... the guitar was lovely... the Blonde was encouraging. But... all wood. These have the beauty, the consistency, and you know what to expect with the Emerald tone.

I can't look any more - I have to go play my X20.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:57 AM
Guest 928

I have yet to see this month's series--I'll get to it later. I'm still trying to see the new Emerald veneers. I'm not on Facebook and the Emerald site does not give me direct access.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:33 PM
Charter Member

Hard to beat a nice Koa ! Well done Emerald. AGAIN !!!
Old 11-03-2017, 03:01 PM
Anticipation Junkie

I was wondering when Emerald was going to offer a Koa top. And now we have it. Another striking look. How long can they keep up with stunning new woods?! At some point they’re going to have to do like Taylor did...use pallet oak (which they did to make a point which would be even more true with a CF guitar).
Old 11-03-2017, 04:01 PM
Charter Member

And, someone got the X7 from this Select Series. No, not me - again wondering if someone on this forum?
Old 11-03-2017, 06:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
And, someone got the X7 from this Select Series. No, not me - again wondering if someone on this forum?
The koa was too gorgeous to resist especially after making an offer on Methos' guitar and coming up short.

Mitch
Old 11-03-2017, 06:24 PM
Guest 928

Alistair has been producing a series of collectables. I just looked at the November offerings and I can only wonder how long such creativity can last? I say get them while the getting is good.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkatz View Post
The koa was too gorgeous to resist especially after making an offer on Methos' guitar and coming up short.

Mitch
Congrats, Mitch! Beautiful guitar - I enjoy the heck out of my X7 (a delightful Opus), even though it isn't a stunner like yours. We look forward to your NGD post when it arrives.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Alistair has been producing a series of collectables. I just looked at the November offerings and I can only wonder how long such creativity can last? I say get them while the getting is good.
Early on with the announcement of the Select Series, Alistair said he was challenging himself to come up with something special each month. Creativity doesn't have an expiration date. Even though I got my X20 early in this "year of the Select Series," I look forward to seeing what Alistair comes up with each month.

I don't think there's been any announcement from Emerald regarding if they intend to continue the Select Series beyond 2017. This has been an impressive collection of instruments.
Old 11-04-2017, 05:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Congrats, Mitch! Beautiful guitar - I enjoy the heck out of my X7 (a delightful Opus), even though it isn't a stunner like yours. We look forward to your NGD post when it arrives.
Thanks Jim! I have a X7 Opus as well that I will be selling once the new one arrives. They really are wonderful guitars.

Mitch
Old 11-04-2017, 08:14 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:

Mitch
Quote:
Thanks Jim! I have a X7 Opus as well that I will be selling once the new one arrives. They really are wonderful guitars.

Mitch
Nice snag! It’s a beauty!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber