The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 05-26-2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeane View Post
I may be jumping the gun on Scott's review request, but I received a prototype black teardrop from him a little while ago. I am really impressed by the great tone--very mellow yet clear, with plenty of attack when you want it. There is very little pick noise and it glides easily off the strings. It's now my favorite pick. I also like the fact that it doesn't slip out of my fingers as much as some other picks I use.
Sounds perfect! Any plans for a triangular black?
Old 05-26-2017, 10:44 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default 1.0 mm Black Triangle on the Shelf for Immediate Shipment

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb9682 View Post
Sounds perfect! Any plans for a triangular black?
rlb, thanks for asking. Actually we DO have black large tris in stock. Our webhoster sucks and I can't figure out how to get them up on the page. I hope to have them up by Tuesday. But we're accepting orders.

Just order a teardrop at 1.0 mm (same price) and then send me an email at charmedlifepicks @ gmail.com and I'll make sure you get the tri. Oh, and the tri rocks too.

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 05-26-2017 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 03:31 PM
AGF Sponsor

These are selling really well right out of the chute. Thanks for your support. Buy one of the blackies and play it against everything you own. If you don't love it, we'll buy it back from you, no questions asked. We stand behind this material 100%.

thanks again,
scott memmer
Old 05-29-2017, 07:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick's Goat Whiskey Picks View Post
I'll step in and answer on this one and say that I feel the black is actually a bit louder than the brown. It's hard to describe but the brown has a softer feel on the strings to me. I really prefer the black.
Yes, agree with with Mick here.

Todd in Chicago

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2017, 08:30 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
Mick, thank you for being a tester for us. We're developing a new line for fall and will begin cutting prototype samples around Sept. We will then go into a long testing period well into next year on that material. We think it holds a lot of promise.

As I said, we're here to stay and will continue to push the envelope in exploring new materials and manufacturing processes.

Thanks Again,
Scott
Thanks Scott! Folks Scott and I became friends through AGF and is based on a mutual respect for the way we both do business with our companies. I approached Scott because I was making my picks for my own personal use and I was picking his brain about materials. He liked my design so much that he encouraged, strong-armed and threatened me into selling my picks commercially. Through his persistence and interest here on the AGF I launched my business with my sponsorship on AGF at the first of January and I've sold the dickens out of them.

I learned a couple of things from Scott that I incorporated into my business plan 1) Stand behind your product completely after the sale and 2) Free shipping inside the continental US.

Scott has never given me a free pick, I've paid for every one I've gotten from him so when I review one of his products it's as a paying customer, just like everyone else. So when Scott wanted one of my picks, he paid full retail too. LOL

These black picks are great, if you like a bold, clear, articulate tone you need to try them.
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Last edited by Goat Mick; 05-29-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:32 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChicagoTodd View Post
Yes, agree with with Mick here.

Todd in Chicago

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Todd, so great to hear from you.

Mick, so kind of you. Promise to respond more fully in next 24. I shut the shop down for two days for some R & R and am on a smartphone right now, and I ain't so good on the smartphone. Your pick looks incredibly well made and I'm excited to play it this week.

Scott Memmer
Old 05-31-2017, 12:05 PM
AGF Sponsor

Been very exciting the last two years in pursuing, researching, testing and, finally, manufacturing this beautiful new material. Will post more customer reviews when I have some time. Thanks to those who have already posted.

scott memmer
Old 06-01-2017, 05:33 PM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks, AGF, for your support of CLP and our new black line. We didn't realize it would be as big a hit as it is.

thanks again,
scott memmer
Old 06-01-2017, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
rlb, thanks for asking. Actually we DO have black large tris in stock. Our webhoster sucks and I can't figure out how to get them up on the page. I hope to have them up by Tuesday. But we're accepting orders.

Just order a teardrop at 1.0 mm (same price) and then send me an email at charmedlifepicks @ gmail.com and I'll make sure you get the tri. Oh, and the tri rocks too.

Sweet! I sent you an email. Thanks for the reply
Old 06-01-2017, 05:42 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb9682 View Post
Sweet! I sent you an email. Thanks for the reply
Great minds think alike. I think I just responded. Sorry for the two-day delay. Things have been hoppin'.

sm
Old 06-03-2017, 10:52 AM
AGF Sponsor

We've almost sold through our initial allotment large tris in black. As usual, first runs tend to be small. We have a LOT more coming by mid June.

thanks,
scott memmer
Old 06-04-2017, 01:15 PM
AGF Sponsor

Folks:

I was at a jam till 3:00 in the morning last night/today and spent most of the night playing our black picks. They are very, very good. Believe it or not, I have not had much time to play them, and have relied (as you should) on player reports from our "Jury" out there who own and play our other materials and other premium pick lines.

This stuff is VERY good. I knew from research that it belonged to a very similar molecular family to our brown models, so I was certain it had real possibilites. And it does. It is very warm and sweet in tone, and reminds me more of our tortoise and red lines than our browns (which I love too). I found it excellent for mandolin, as it rounded out that sometimes biting high end you get.

Anyway, as they say, YMMV ("Your Mileage May Vary"), but I'm certain you'll be impressed.

thanks,
scott
Old 06-05-2017, 08:37 PM

I got my Charmed Life black today and all I can say is wow! I love the red one but not on all my guitars well the black one is now my favorite for all my guitars. I guess I should say my favorite period.

This is by far the best pick I've used, and no offense to Blue Chip, but I like this one better. It has many of the same qualities of the BC but is warmer, sounds a little louder (to me) when I play, and I don't hear it on the strings. Also, the triangular just feels really good in my hand.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:32 PM
AGF Sponsor

rlb, thanks for your report. As the reviews are coming in, a LOT of people are saying the blacks cut through the mix better than the brown material that both Blue Chip and we sell. That kinda surprises me, but that's what people are saying. Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience of our products with the other members here. That's what it's all about.

For curious members, there's a new thread on the main board with more reviews and commentary from new owners of the black. There are also some comments from a few of our prototype players in that thread, some of whom have been playing that material for more than a year:

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=472433
Old 06-13-2017, 01:13 PM
AGF Sponsor

We're crossing our fingers and hoping for our next shipment of black to hit soon, ideally before Fourth of July. As typical, when you start a new line the first few allotments tend to be quite small, as you're working out and fine-tuning production and fabrication issues as the units come down the line. We've solved all the big issues now and have begun to turn on the faucet.

I am perilously low on the black tri model, better on the teardrop. Please order soon if you want a black tri right away; otherwise you're looking at July.

Thanks for your interest, folks. Looks like we found another winner. I can only attribute this to dumb luck.

be well,
scott

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace