The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 06-15-2015, 02:22 PM

Bearing in my mind that there are a lot of dubious claims regarding the best cheap electric guitar, as a former owner of a Peavey T-60 which I very much regret selling, I think the Peavey guitars are unfairly ignored when it comes to good value at a low price recommendations. I haven’t tried these newer models but you might want to have a look at the Peavey Session Series guitars and the AT200.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:25 PM

This video covers more of the differences between Mexican and American guitars than usually gets mentioned.

https://youtu.be/kCX8N5HIx7w
Old 06-15-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood1169 View Post
Thanks for all the ideas! I'm loving the idea of the white with black pick guard Classic vibe tele. I see one issue though. The nut seems really narrow at 1.625. I can manage a 1 11/16 but much prefer 1 3/4 on my acoustics. This being even tighter than the 1 11/16, I'm not sure it would be all that comfy to me. Im not sure what to think at this point. I saw A few aftermarket necks I could have made with a slightly wider nut. Not cheap, but possible. Of course as I started looking at the necks, I began to contemplate just building the whole thing. I've built a few acoustics but it's hard to find time these days.

Any thoughts?
Yup. Play one.

It shouldn't take much more time than pondering it in an internet post and it'll yield an actual opinion. I don't view nut width on an electric at all the same as on an acoustic. I love my 1.75" necks and I also love my CV Tele. Do you plan to play in 1st position a lot on an electric?
Old 06-16-2015, 07:06 AM

Well the industry says the Epiphone is Gibson's imported brand. Can get a very nice Epi hollow body guitar new for $350. It's amazing they can sell for this little.

Can also get many Les Paul replica's for under $300 (Korean, China, etc.). I know people frown on these but most are just Epi's anyway with Gibson badging.

Go to Guitar Center and shop their used selection. They have to turn this inventory over so they are marked up very little. Can get a Squier by Fender for under $200 all day.

YouTube Channel - Guitars, Gear, Unboxing
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_w..._k-vCqoY7yPm1Q
Old 06-16-2015, 08:02 AM

Disregard this. It was messed up somehow.

Last edited by Duff; 06-16-2015 at 08:30 AM.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:10 AM

agileguitarforum.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty70 View Post
This isn't a rhetorical question. Why should I consider Rondo over fender or Epi?
Check this out.

This subject is continuously discussed there. Click on the agile guitar forum link above. Thanks. No affln.

Agile guitars are awesome guitars and their models are generally much less expensive than comparable Fender of Gibson models, and feel and play at least as well in most cases.

I'm playing my Agile AL-3145 right now, a beautiful honey burst flamed maple top LP type guitar. It has awesome multiple body binding, a bound neck and headstock, Grover Rotomatic tuners, a real good bridge with graphite saddles, great stock pickups, an ebony fretboard, and jumbo frets. Plus it is chambered for lighter weight. I like the heavy ones though, being a "stay at home player" for the most part, that plays sitting or reclined; so the weight doesn't bother me. It seems the best LP's are heavy, according to a lot of LP players that I meet.

There is some appreciation of the Fenders and Epi's on the AGF. Fender makes some very nice guitars, expecially the ones costing over 700 dollars. Epi has some nice guitars too, as you will see acknowledged by AGF members.

The AGF has an abundance of information and they talk about more than just Agile guitars. Other guitars, acoustics, and amps, among other topics have their own sections on the forum.

I would take an Agile AL3xxx over almost any Epi and over almost any of the sub-1500 dollar Gibsons. They use top quality components and woods. I dig ebony fretboards. The Agiles feel and play very well.

I have a Gibson LP Studio and a Gibson SG Standard that both are super nice, very well playing guitars. I just bought a Gibson Les Paul Junior 2015 and stripped off that junk gforce auto tuning garbage, and put on a nice set of Grover Roto-Grip Locking Rotomatics. They have the locking wheel on the back and look like traditional Grover Rotomatics. I dig these guitars.

They all cost a lot more than a super nice Agile ALxxxx.

Check out the agile guitar forum. It has an exceptionally active membership and there is a lot to learn there. Plus the atmosphere is great with everyone being mostly friends of each other and they welcome new members enthusiastically. Something like this forum; very inviting and informational.

Last edited by Duff; 06-16-2015 at 08:31 AM.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:29 AM

I don't know how to un-screw up that last post, but you should be able to get the main idea.

Sorry.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Tags
fender