The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-24-2016, 10:07 PM

Default vfe blues king pedal

Well... I did something I've never done before. I never vowed I wouldn't, but I assumed I didn't need to make that vow because it was a foregone conclusion it would never happen.

I bought a Boutique pedal... I compounded that folly, by pre-ordering it! Pre-ordered! A new model, which is different than the one I played! Oh the agony! Oh the shame!

VFE Blues King. Played one at a jam last night. It pretty much covers everything I want to do, and a few things I didn't know I wanted to do.

To some $159 for a pedal isn't a lot. To me it's crazy! I'm the guy who runs Boss SD-1 instead of reissue tube screamers... I've never even come close to spending $100 on a pedal. Sigh... Hopefully this isn't a trend.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:19 AM

overdrive/boost pedals are a dime a dozen so having the ability to try it out sure makes it possible that it will work very well for you. i've only bought one pedal without playing it and was lucky that it is really great-the fulltone fulldrive 3.

play music!

2014 Martin 00015M
2009 Martin 0015M
2008 Martin HD28
2007 Martin 000-18GE
2006 Taylor 712
2006 Fender Parlor GDP100
1978 Fender F65
1968 Gibson B25-12N
Various Electrics
Old 05-31-2016, 08:28 PM

Given the price point (under $150?), it's actually a good value for the number of tones you were able to dial in. Tons of options on this pedal.

Enjoyed the demo, thanks.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracecovenant View Post
Given the price point (under $150?), it's actually a good value for the number of tones you were able to dial in. Tons of options on this pedal.

Enjoyed the demo, thanks.
That wasn't me... I'm on the wait list
Old 06-01-2016, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
Well... Sigh... Hopefully this isn't a trend.
Didn't work for me...the gateway pedal was the rocket...then old school,...and blueprint...mini mu...white horse ...now triumvirate should be arriving any day. When Peter announced a reduced production level...I kinda went into panic mode . imho outstanding pedals he makes

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars