The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-16-2016, 10:07 PM

Default G&L ASAT Classic Bluesboy

Got this NOS Bluesboy at a killer price. Solid top semi-hollow swamp ash body. 12 inch radius rosewood neck. Fullerton red. G&L MFD Bridge pickup in a steel box "ashtray" tailpiece with 6 brass barrels. Neck pickup is a Seth Lover. Super versatile, and few pickups drive pedals like a G&L. Build quality is just flawless. I highly recommend the seller st.specialtytraders on Ebay while they have these NOS guitars. Shipping was super fast, and free.

Here's a demo on youtube

Old 05-17-2016, 01:51 AM

Wow, congratulations - that looks super sweet! I have a Bluesboy from the Tribute series that I am very satisfied with - I can only imagine how great your new guitar must be

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
Got this NOS Bluesboy at a killer price. Solid top semi-hollow swamp ash body. 12 inch radius rosewood neck. Fullerton red. G&L MFD Bridge pickup in a steel box "ashtray" tailpiece with 6 brass barrels. Neck pickup is a Seth Lover. Super versatile, and few pickups drive pedals like a G&L. Build quality is just flawless. I highly recommend the seller st.specialtytraders on Ebay while they have these NOS guitars. Shipping was super fast, and free.

Here's a demo on youtube

Old 05-17-2016, 04:19 AM

Nice, some of the best non-Fender Teles on the market. Enjoy!
Old 05-17-2016, 08:23 AM

Fantastic, Blue!!! G&L puts out some remarkable guitars. Enjoy!
Old 05-17-2016, 08:32 AM

Nice. I love my Ascari GT90. My next G&L will be a Tele style.

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19
Old 05-17-2016, 08:55 AM

Default bluesboy

G&L makes great instruments. I had a S-500 a few years back that was a killer guitar. I stupidly sold it to fund something that I can't even remember what it was. My mind and my fingers don't work as good as they used too

BahPa

2015 Taylor GS-Mini Hog
2002 Martin 000-18 Sunburst
2005 Martin 000-28
2011 Martin 0-12VS
1972 Ovation 12 string
2015 Fender P-Bass Sunburst
2008 Fender Tele Thinline
2011 Fender Tele Sunburst
1998 Washburn BT-9
Old 05-17-2016, 03:02 PM

Default G&L ASAT Classic Bluesboy

My clear red ASAT classic semi hollow is my favourite guitar. Congrats on yours and enjoy!
Gibson ES-335 Studio 2016; Furch OM34sr 2015; Fender MiJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass, 2009; Taylor 414CE 2005; Guild D35 NT 1976; Fender MIM Classic 60s Tele 2008; Fender US Standard Strat 1992; G&L ASAT classic hollowbody 2005; Ibanez RG350MDX 2010(?); Ibanez Musician fretless, 1980s; Seymour Duncan Tube 84-40; Vox AC4TV;

Ex-pat Brit in Sweden
Old 05-17-2016, 06:54 PM
Guitar Gourmet

Nice guitar!

My wife commissioned a custom S-500 for me back in 1999 and it has turned into a real studio workhorse for me.

It has a swamp ash body, light birdseye maple neck, and a rosewood fingerboard.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 05-18-2016, 06:18 AM
Charter Member

Very nice Bluesboy.-- Darwin
Old 05-19-2016, 07:05 AM

Default Nice

Nice looking guitar. I've always wanted a Bluesboy. How's the balance between the two pickups?
Old 05-19-2016, 11:51 AM

Good one blue. Looks like a keeper! Love G&L!

Whoever said it wasn't a Fender...isn't it though? More so even!

Is the fretboard ebony?

Martin 000-15SM
Martin OM28V
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Eastman T386
1890's C. Bruno & Sons Parlor
Old 05-19-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmulli View Post
Nice looking guitar. I've always wanted a Bluesboy. How's the balance between the two pickups?
Balance is about perfect. I expected to have to do some adjustment, but no. Both are actually set really really low by my standards right out of the box, but they are about even in height. I have no plans to raise them, as it sounds killer.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verstft View Post
Good one blue. Looks like a keeper! Love G&L!

Whoever said it wasn't a Fender...isn't it though? More so even!

Is the fretboard ebony?
Nope. Rosewood. But it isn't just the lighting in the pic. It is very dark. And the maple neck/headstock is practically white! No toner on this one!

The only thing visually I would have chosen differently if I had custom ordered it would be a mint guard. I'm an old shadows fan, and Fullerton red is as good as Fiesta as far as I'm concerned!
Old 05-21-2016, 07:01 AM

BTW, Blue - I'm glad you found Specialty Traders easy to deal with. I didn't. Not saying they are bad folks but they were very inflexible with me.

They had several Ascari GT90's on Reverb for $399. I asked them what would be the lowest price they would accept. They said $399 was bottom dollar. I said okay, moved on and bought from someone else at a far better price. Now they are all listed at $339. That kind of sticks in my craw a bit. I would have paid more than $339 (at the time) but they refused to deal and lost money and a customer due to their intractable position.

I understand maximizing profits but this just seems dumb to me. I am eyeballing a Tribute Fallout they have right now but I will wait until they reduce it further or someone else will buy it. There's no sense in me making an offer IMO.

Enjoy the Bluesboy. As good as the Tribute series seems to be I can only imagine how good the American series plays and sounds.

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19
Old 05-21-2016, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylor4 View Post
They had several Ascari GT90's on Reverb for $399. I asked them what would be the lowest price they would accept. They said $399 was bottom dollar. I said okay, moved on and bought from someone else at a far better price. Now they are all listed at $339. That kind of sticks in my craw a bit. I would have paid more than $339 (at the time) but they refused to deal and lost money and a customer due to their intractable position.

I understand maximizing profits but this just seems dumb to me. I am eyeballing a Tribute Fallout they have right now but I will wait until they reduce it further or someone else will buy it. There's no sense in me making an offer IMO.
Well in thier defense, and I have no stake in defending them, They are just doing what everybody does. You Hold out for a higher price, until it doesn't make sense to do so any longer, bite the bullet, and drop the price. Just like anybody who's every dropped their price in the classifieds here.

Waiting for a price drop is certainly what I normally do on this cases. I pulled the trigger without waiting because it didn't make sense to wait. It was priced lower, or at most $100 more than used ones of similar specs. And I say similar because with G&L there are so many "customizable features" that it's hard to find apples to apples comparisons.

But the biggest factor that made me leap was frankly the 12 inch radius.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars