The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-21-2016, 05:47 PM
Charter Member

Excellent review!
I love the Gretsch sound, but the cost has always been more than I care to spend. This instrument is worth considering.
Thanks.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrgguitarman View Post
...I love the Gretsch sound, but the cost has always been more than I care to spend. This instrument is worth considering...
FYI:
  • I own an '11 Gibson LP Studio '60s Tribute - goldtop/lightback, PRS-style revealed-edge "binding," cream P-90 soapbars, looks/sounds/plays like an under-the-bed '56, been my go-to electric for the last five years...
  • American Musical and Zzounds are selling Gibson Midtown Standards, brand-new with factory HSC, for $1K; great little guitars - I've played a few - and a bargain-and-a-half at this price...
  • I bought the Gretsch...
  • Not much to consider - if you've got the bucks, go for it...
Old 06-03-2016, 11:08 AM
Charter Member

Very nice! I love the fact that it's an actual 'semi-acoustic'. The painted on F holes in my CG & lack of projection without being amplified are what started me on my acoustic guitar frenzy of late...
2015 Taylor 914ce First Edition
2014 Taylor 812ce 12 fret First Edition
2014 Taylor 324ce FLTD Koa
2009 Taylor 954ce 12 string
1966 Gretsch Country Gentleman
Old 06-03-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkitman View Post
...The painted on F holes in my CG & lack of projection without being amplified are what started me on my acoustic guitar frenzy of late...
Are you kidding - next to a hardtail double-cut '63 White Falcon that's my Holy Grail Gretsch. I fell in love with the Country Gent long before anyone on this side of the Atlantic ever heard of the Beatles, right after I got hold of the '63 catalog as a kid and caught an eyeful of that flametop Gent inside the front cover; one of the vintage dealers claimed to have had this very guitar a few years back, wanted $11K+ as I recall...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars