The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-05-2008, 11:56 AM

Default Cheapest and best way to add pickup

HI, I am new to this forum, I have been messin with gtar for about 20 years and just in the last yr got serious about playin. I have a a Sigma DM-1 st (solid spruce top, mahogany ply back and sides) and a Washburn D12-12 (solid spruce top, mahogany ply back and sides). I am just starting to play with a friends band and just got invited to play a coffee house in January. I need something to plug in I really like the 12 string. Am I better off selling one of my gits to fund a Acou/ele or just add a pickup. What kind and type. I prefer something that does not alter the look of my gtar, like the soundhole pu. I want it to sound natural and woody. keep in mind budget as I am a poor Sob. Thanks, Jason

Last edited by 12Stringer; 10-05-2008 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Wanted to add to post
Old 10-05-2008, 04:27 PM

Hi 12stringer....

There are plenty of decent pickups you could install in 1 of your guitars in the $100 or under range (if your able to do the install on your own), if that's in your budget. Soundhole pickups are considerably less than that..... I'm not sure what guitar techs are getting these days to install pickups, as I do my own and havent had 1 installed by someone in many years.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification