The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 08-18-2005, 08:28 PM

Default Fingerprints CD

Greetings all from Oak Park, IL!

I just released a second CD of original acoustic fingerstyle instrumentals in a variety of styles on 6 and 12 string guitar entitled Fingerprints. As with the last CD, Flying Colors, I enlisted the help of some wonderful Chicago area musicians on the ensemble pieces.

All songs can be sampled at www.cdbaby.com/cd/henson2 and my email address is [email protected]

1989 Taylor 910ce
2003 Taylor K65ce
2004 Taylor 915ce
2005 National Style N Reso-Rocket Cutaway (Brass Body)
Old 08-18-2005, 08:50 PM

Michael,
This truly is a great CD. I like the diversity of musical styles. I love 'Media Luna', I'm a sucker for this style. I'm presently working on something based on 'Quiet Nights' myself.
Also, I like 'Leaping Lizard', nice 'chops' on this one.
Much success !
Bernie
Old 08-19-2005, 04:45 AM

Default To Bern regarding the Fingerprints CD

Thanks so much for the kind words. Yeah, I've always loved Brazilian music as well, especially Luis Bonfa.

I'd certainly be interested in hearing anything that you have recorded and would be happy to swap music if you like.

Best regards,

Michael

1989 Taylor 910ce
2003 Taylor K65ce
2004 Taylor 915ce
2005 National Style N Reso-Rocket Cutaway (Brass Body)
Old 08-26-2005, 10:23 AM

I haven't been around for a while. I used to access from work but I'm trying to be a good employee these days (plus they put a lot more work on me). I have a Christian CD on CD Baby. It is almost all original music which I wrote. My main influences are James Taylor and David Wilcox. Pay attention to the lyrics. It is here or click "Cd Baby"
www.Cdbaby.com//randysitz

2003 Taylor 514ce
1987 EF 369 Solid Rosewood Takamine
1969 Yamaha FG180
1986 Fender Strat
1950s Harmony Airline
Old 09-27-2005, 07:46 AM

Default "Second Wind" by KC Craine

Hello:

Let me add my CD to the list. "Second Wind" is a collection of original fingerstyle compositions. The style is romantic and lyrical. You can get it at CD Baby, or by visiting my web site at http://www.MovingHandsMusic.com.

November, I will release my follow up CD, "Daddy's Old Guitar." More info and sample tracks are on my web site.

KC

http:/www.MovingHandsMusic.com
Old 09-29-2005, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randysitz
I haven't been around for a while. I used to access from work but I'm trying to be a good employee these days (plus they put a lot more work on me). I have a Christian CD on CD Baby. It is almost all original music which I wrote. My main influences are James Taylor and David Wilcox. Pay attention to the lyrics. It is here or click "Cd Baby"
www.Cdbaby.com//randysitz
Randy, I like your style !!! Great songwriting. Especially, 'Perspective'.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirflyguy2000
The band I am in, Living Stone, is working on CD #2. We hope to have it done in a few months. Michael O Martian's son, Chris, is mixing most of it. We have preliminary OK from the guy that mixed the CCM mega-hit for Mercy Me, "I Can Only Imagine", to mix one of the new songs. Very cool, if you ask me! Our first one (called "Living Stone") is still available. There is a track on it called "Like Never Before" that was included on the last T____r Guitar Forum CD. There are two full length decent quality mp3's from that album at www.markfishermusic.com, and there are mp3 clips of all the songs at www.livingstoneworship.com. Lots of guitars on most of the tunes. You can contact me through either website if you would like a CD.
Well, the thing with the guy that mixed "I Can Only Imagine" didn't happen. I really don't know why. However, Chris O'Martian (Micheal O'Martian's son) mixed several, as did Randy Thomas (Sweet Comfort Band, The Allies, co-writer of "Butterfly Kisses"). The CD has been mastered by Ken Love at Nashville's MasterMix mastering house; he did an awesome job! We did a photo shoot a couple of weeks ago and are waiting on proofs for the cover design. The songs Phil Keaggy played on are much better because of his involvement! Like icing on a cake. Anyway, we hope to have the CD in hand and ready to sell by the first of November. I will update as soon as I know something.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:59 AM

Default schweeep

Can I do it?
your finger tips start to fall off.
It's really just that simple!
Old 10-16-2005, 08:40 PM

Default First EP out NOW

hey friends - I wanted to let you know my EP titled "...something like this" is available.

5, songs, $6.....check it out at kyletalbertmusic.com .
Old 10-17-2005, 03:01 PM

What a great thread! I've just finished my debut Praise and Worship album...

www.leighbarnard.com

www.goldusa.com

Thanks for looking.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:46 PM
Charter Member

The copyrights just came back, so my first album of original irritations will be needlessly available in the near future. Ten tracks...

It's called "Not On HBO"... Those who know my real name will get the joke.

Old 11-15-2005, 08:51 AM

Default Second solo CD by KC Craine ("StringFive")

Hello folks,

I'm pleased to announce my second solo CD "Daddy's Old Guitar" available at http://www.MovingHandsMusic.com. You can find it at CDBaby and Tower as well.

Here's some press info below, please stop by my web site and listen to sample clips, etc.

KC

"On 'Daddy's Old Guitar,' KC travels the crossroads of American folk and alt-country with a backpack full of tasty fingerstyle guitar, bittersweet harmonica and relaxed vocal harmonies. Fans of the great singer/songwriters of the 70's take note."

"The title track, "Daddy's Old Guitar," tells the story of someone finding his or her father's old guitar in a closet. It's a person remembering those days kindly, with love, and eventually learning to play like dad used to. This song - touching and hopeful - is a quiet anthem for closet pickers and retired rockers caught in corporate cubicles across America."
Old 12-22-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratokatsu
The copyrights just came back, so my first album of original irritations will be needlessly available in the near future. Ten tracks...

It's called "Not On HBO"... Those who know my real name will get the joke.
Does it have rants? (I know, that's just your opinion, you could be wrong
)

It's official! The debut album by Andina & Rich, "Because We Can" (with the title tune being a duo version, with some more instrumentation, of my infamous Dr. Demento hit) is now available pre-release on CDBaby and at www.andinarich.com. It's the first full release on Madison, WI's Travenia label (which will soon be bringing out CDs by Aaron "I Remember Howard Dean" Nathans, klezmer duo Sof Sof, and ace fingerstylist Bowen Marvik). It features some tasty stuff by some of Madison's best on piano, bass, Irish whistle and violin, as well as the American Dream Memorial Choir on the last cut, the anthemic "You Can't Do It All On Your Own," co-written by Stephen Lee Rich, the UK's Alan Morehouse and a verse from moi; and two holiday songs (Christmas and Hanukkah), one of which has already gotten airplay on Wisconsin Public Radio. Another song, "Safe Home," has been accepted by NPR's "All Songs Considered." And there's some familiar stuff on there as well--familiar if you are fans of Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers, as well as Michael (no "W") Smith.

I'm also featured as a backing vocalist on two CDs by Chicago Christian singer-songwriter John Ludwig: "Grief, Loss and Hope for Tomorrow" and "Working Without a Net." All three CDs are available on CDBaby; John's are also on iTunes, and Andina & Rich should be up there any day now (our cuts on the Travenia "Tappin'..." sampler are already available there for download).

The SASS! EP is not yet available via CDBaby nor on the electronic download services because Susan & I will be finishing up recording the full-length (as yet untitled) CD next month. But you can get the EP--as well as our 4-song concert DVD, featuring our own live version of "Because We Can," from us as well--just e-mail or PM me or visit www.sass-music.com.
Look for the second Old Town School First Friday Songwriters' Exchange sampler to be released in the coming months, with proceeds going to purchase replacement instruments for New Orleans musicians.

http://www.sandyandina.com

-------------------------
Gramann Rapahannock, 7 Taylors, 4 Martins, 2 Gibsons, 2 V-A, Larrivee Parlour, Gretsch Way Out West, Fender P-J Bass & Mustang, Danelectro U2, Peavey fretless bass, 8 dulcimers, 2 autoharps, 2 banjos, 2 mandolins, 3 ukes

I cried because I had no shoes.....but then I realized I won’t get blisters.

Last edited by Chicago Sandy; 12-22-2005 at 11:49 PM. Reason: new info
Old 12-28-2005, 11:08 PM

Default CDs

My son, John Daniel Winters, has 2 CDs released by his own label, Esoteric Productions:
1. Q.A.P released July 2005 and
2. Delirium Road released October 2005.
You can hear selections from them and order a copy at the url below. Thx - CW
http://www.johnwinters.biz/listen.htm
Old 12-30-2005, 09:28 AM

Default All Craic'd Up

My debut CD is finally finished.

It is a collection or original and traditional Irish-American music.

ALL CRAIC'D UP
1. Star of the County Down/Drowsy Maggie
2. Streets of Gold
3. Fields of Athenry
4. Back Home in Derry
5. The Rifles of the IRA
6. Black Velvet Band
7. Basket Case/Calliope House
8. The Brigid
9. Sean South
10. Broad Black Brimmer
11. The Wild Rover

The are available thru email at my website www.jameswestmusic.com

Soon to be available on CD Baby

2006 Avalon A100
2005 Baby M
2005 T5-C1 (Tobacco Burst)

www.jameswestmusic.com

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell