The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 03-23-2018, 02:58 PM

Default Super Clean 1980 Ibanez Artwood AW-60,incl new HSC....$495,incl free ship CONUS

SOLD!!.......PHOTOS ADDED.....If you would like to own a super clean/hardly played "Classic" premium Japanese made D-18 style dread,that is built extremely solidly,of "old growth woods",this will make you happy.....I'm including a new HSC(a good one) and will ship(CONUS) for only $495.00...Also incl is a nice sound hole humidifier.

I don't need 4 dreads(and currently own 8 guitars)so I'm selling this one and it basically sat in a closet since the 1980's,which will indicate the clean condition it's in.It is a 1980 model,from my research done and this is the era of the collectible acoustics to come out of the best Japanese factories.

Properly humidified and I had a new set up,incl bone saddle....The guitar needs "nothing"! The early Artwoods were the penultimate acoustics to come out of Japan,and this would be the Japanese equivalent of the Martins of that era,with some nice touches like wood bindings,gold tuners(really good ones) and rosewood pick guard,for tone.

I believe if anyone interested would do a web search,they would see how extremely highly regarded the Japanese made early Artwoods were.They are absolute classics of the finest tone woods and the craftsmanship of this era reflects it.....I paid $1063(and can document this if need be) if you include the new case and set up,but I realize the market is overloaded with guitars,so I'm attempting to sell at a very fair price.

I have a fine reputation on UMGF and the Collings Guitar Forum and it's really "not" a money thing to me,so if you're not happy you may return the guitar,as long as it comes back in the "exact shape" and I'll refund you,less return shipping.I doubt it will come to this,but I want to put it out there,as my reputation is more important to me.

The guitar is "all solid woods" of high quality(even the pick guard is rosewood) gorgeous African Mahogany and Sitka.It is beautifully bound in subtly flamed maple bindings and is a head turner.....This guitar is "built"!! If you want a super nice dread that will attract attention and can be played out with not much to worry about,at a super price,this is "it"!

I prefer a Bank Check or Money Order if you don't mind....I don't sell many things,but I am HONEST and take pride in that! I'm not about to beat somebody for a few hundred bucks...

Hopefully,I'll have pictures up this week end(not too computer savvy)....My e-mail address is [email protected]
Thanks,
Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0273.jpg (26.5 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0279.jpg (37.8 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0288.jpg (37.7 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0287.jpg (37.7 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0285.jpg (36.1 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0277.jpg (21.9 KB, 100 views)

Last edited by magictwanger; 03-28-2018 at 02:53 PM.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:32 PM
Charter Member

Hi Mark,

Here is a bump and a good word on the older Artwoods.

I've got the AW-30 which is the laminated back and sides version, same vintage as yours. It's tone isn't quite as mellow as my Martin dread but it certainly keeps up in the volume department, and it is very playable. When friends come over it gets a lot of love.

Good luck with your sale!
Old 03-24-2018, 12:21 AM

Thanks friend!
Old 03-24-2018, 03:55 PM

Photos to come tomorrow.....Thanks
Old 03-25-2018, 04:01 PM

Pics added....Thanks
Old 03-26-2018, 01:57 PM

Monday bump....Some folks asked about the action and all I can say is it's a very easy player.....The guitar is extremely resonant and projects well and balanced,but I don't want to be a salesman at this kind of price....Thanks

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars