The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 06-15-2015, 12:21 PM

Default Antonio Hermosa?

Are these any good? I've been debating getting a classical and love my recording king so seeing as it's a sister brand got me curious. The ah10nf has a solid top and slightly smaller nut that might work better as I am a steel string player and don't plan to play much if any actual classical music just using it more to work out arrangements and practice finger picking songs. So back to the premise are these decent enough for the money?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2015, 07:13 AM

So no opinions?

Old 06-17-2015, 07:21 AM
Charter Member

Rather than there being no opinions, it's probably a case of no experience. Although I've heard the name I've never actually seen one that I know of.

Dave
Old 06-17-2015, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
Rather than there being no opinions, it's probably a case of no experience. Although I've heard the name I've never actually seen one that I know of.

Dave
Probably true haven't seen much online about them, but what little I've seen has been positive. Waiting for my buddy (who is a dealer) to tell me my price think I may try one when my current consignment sells.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:21 PM

Location: New Zealand, South Island, way down toward the bottom!

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...ntonio+hermosa
http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...ntonio+hermosa

A quick search of the forum suggests that ScottishRogue knows the brand, and I don't have time to check out all the other hits. But Glen (I think that's his name) seems to know his guitars, so his favorable opinion is a plus.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:59 AM

I just picked up a Hermosa AH10 on eBay for about $110. I don't have a ton of experience with classical guitars, but I really like this one. It is VERY responsive, the bass is strong and almost piano like, trebles have nice sustain.

No issues with intonation.

It is a very nice looking guitar. The fit and finish are generally pretty good but there are a couple small spots on the wood binding under the finish that are obvious. But this is a <$200 guitar and just the fact that it has wood binding at that price point is pretty amazing.

For an inexpensive guitar, I think it would be tough to beat.

I think this is will give you a good idea of the tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4HEYyi3xUw

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical