The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 12-16-2023, 01:08 PM

Default Hi again... haven't posted since 2016. Guitar with live FX for PC

Hi, I've not posted here for years (2016).

I've been happily picking my guitar up every now and then - I still love the fact you discover technique superpowers after not playing for a while. That thing you were trying to work out does gel in your brain while the guitar is laying down resting...

Anyway. In a clear out a while ago I sold my 'acoustic pedal' that I plugged into my PC years ago - a Zoom A2.1U processor. With this I could record, and add live FX, into my PC. Or not even record, just hear low-latency noise with FX.

Scroll on a while and I want to do the same. But I don't own the Zoom A2.1U pedal anymore.

I'd like to be able to play my acoustic, add a few minimal FX, and hear it live through my monitors while recording as well.

I do own a Zoom USB interface (UAC-232) that accepts my guitar piezo pickups. (I bought this for recording mics for video usage - it's great, BTW.)
I searched for free software, that can also add FX, but all I've come up with is Amplitude CS, which is a nightmare. I've just tried a search on AGF, but couldn't come up with anything seemingly useful and conclusive.

Are there any free or low-budget PC programs that will do this that aren't aimed at electric guitar shredders? I may well end up buying a Zoom A2.1U again. I thought that in the 20+ years since it came out, there could/should be some software that achieves the same final result, without the hardware. [I'm not interested in the pedal facility, just the low-latency sound FX processing capability]

TIA.

Comfy '07 Stonebridge OMS-22-CM for enjoying; Thumpy '93 Seagull S6 for thwacking on; Mellifluous '66 S.Yairi for being nylon on.
Old 12-16-2023, 03:51 PM
Charter Member

Welcome back as a poster!

I can't help with a specific answer to your question, but I came across an amazing thread recently that might - https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=594800

It contains a huge amount of information and it may have what you're looking for. May also have some other good stuff for you about recording as well.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD