The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-21-2010, 07:25 AM

i have a br140a that is amazing.[one of the new ones-no bling and 3/4] constrution is top flight and one of the best sounding i have owned. with a comparrisson between my d15s,taylor ga3 and blueridge the br is the best by a long shot. not even close. and almost half the price
Old 04-21-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randolph View Post
Thanks for your reply's. Sorry I didn't know that I couldn't quote prices. I checked Maurys online but no shipping to Canada. From what I can gather here on pricing I would get the guitar for a little more then half price of a new one with the pickup installed. And as I stated before the guitar is in excellent shape.

Sounds like a fair price from what you're describing.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:43 AM

I think that BlueRidge instruments are like a lot of the imports: they get better and better. Imports, in general, are often very nice guitars. While I'm primarily a Gibson/Martin fan, I have played some very good imports that were priced far below my Gibsons and Martins. Breedlove's Atlas series is a good example. Luna is another good one. Yamaha has always been a lot of band for the money.....I bought a real cheapy, a Rogue. I bought it because the set-up is very, very good for my style of picking and because it was the proverbial "dirt cheap" from Musicians Friend. Does it sound like my Hummingbird? Of course not. Is it as well-made as my HD28? Not even close. BUT, it sounds okay and I'm not afraid to take it to some bars I play at, or get caught out in the rain with it. ........Play what you like and can bond with. Don't sweat what anyone else is saying about a particular guitar. I'll always prefer the Gibbys and Martins, but I won't hesitate to take a good look at an import.

http://www.family-friendly-music.com/

The Missouripicker's YouTube Channel
URL:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMissouripicker

Gibson J100 Walnut, Gibson Hummingbird, Gibson Dove, Gibson J45TV, Gibson AJ RW, Gibson AJ Koa, Gibson Southern Jumbo, Gibson J15, Martin HD28, Alvarez MFA66SHB and many other guitars, banjos, mandolins, dobros, dulcimers, and strays.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:19 PM

I bought a BR-160 A2 recently and it is a fantastic guitar. I get tired of the "it's good for the price" stuff. It's a ****ed good drednaught period. The only thing I would have preferred was a slightly beefier neck. I also have a BR-361 parlor
which is a joy to play. I also own 2 Saga Trinity College Eric Shoenburg knockoffs, a 12 fret OM cutawauy Cedar/Mahogany and a 14 fret Spruce/ EIR. These are as good or even better than the Blueridge line imho. I have had a couple of warranty issues on the first 2 BR-361 I received, but Saga replaced them. Here's the BR 160 A2

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=176986
Old 04-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randolph View Post
Thanks for your reply's. Sorry I didn't know that I couldn't quote prices. I checked Maurys online but no shipping to Canada. From what I can gather here on pricing I would get the guitar for a little more then half price of a new one with the pickup installed. And as I stated before the guitar is in excellent shape.
Randolph,

It sounds like you are getting a good deal on this guitar. Blueridge guitars are known for providing very good value for the prices involved. If you like the sound and playability, I think you now know your answer. GO FOR IT!

Regards, Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion