The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-22-2000, 09:40 PM

Post OM versus Grand Concert

Dear Friends,
I have never played a Taylor GC. I own a 710 and absolutly love it. I want to add to my collection though.

I have played a Larrivee OM 03 and really like it. I would consider purchasing a Larrivee OM-09, but would also like to have a guitar that would "match" my 710.

What can you tell me about the differences between the OM and the GC? If a person liked the feel and sound of the OM, do you think they would like the GC?

None of the stores I have visited have GC's. Any help you could offer would be most appreciated.

Also, has anyone seen the new GC, or is it not unveiled untill next year?

Thanks.
Old 12-23-2000, 02:54 PM

There are actually very few differences between the Martin OM and the Taylor GC or X12 body size. Both have 1-3/4" nut widths and nearly equal body shapes, depths and scale lengths. Both feature scalloped braces. I cannot speak for Larrivee, whose company uses a different bracing system, but generally speaking, thay are very similar too when compared to a different body size (Martin 00, Taylor X14, Larrivee L). Try an OM by Martin or Larrivee and a Taylor GC. The tone of one may suit you better and offset the tone of your existing guitar better.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification