The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-20-2018, 03:28 PM

Man, don't tell me you're a golf nut too. That would be uncanny.

Your post made my day. The Baja through the SCX2 is killer, ain't it? I'm kind of camped out on the 65 Princeton dirty model right now with some slight reverb and gain on about 4. I actually sound like a guitar player on it.

I spent some time today dialing in the setup and intonation, pickup height, and shielding the pickguard. It's about as perfect as I can get it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
Hey All,

My brother by another mother!!

I play a blonde Baja Tele through a SCX2 as well. I even put my pick on the second fret!

To top it off I play special 20s - I have 7 in different keys and a chromatic in C.

So a big congrats on excellent choices!!

That said I also have a Gretsch Pro,Jet and a KY Mando in addition to my Martin gpcpa4 rw and sigma - based on Martin - ooo 12 fret slot head. I need an acoustic amp and will likely get a fisherman loudbox mini when I see one priced right. The Pro Jet filtertron humbuckers also sound great through the SCX2.

-Ed-

Last edited by arwhite; 01-20-2018 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeX View Post
They were the original guitars of the Classic Player series. I think they are still made in Ensenada (not really on the Baja Peninsula but close enough). They are CS designed, made of Ash, have a soft V neck, modern 9.5" radius, vintage 3-saddle bridge, CS designed pickups, etc.
Sounds like a nice player.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Sounds like a nice player.
It is a really nice player. Also, the 4 way switch and S1 phase switch throw some extended tonal capabilities in without sacrificing the basic Tele-ness of it all. It has exceeded my expectations which were pretty high due to all the hype on the internet over this particular model for several years now.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:15 PM

Hey All,

Golf - well actually I played on my high school team, my junior college team but then went to a university without a team - my clubs were put away for years. Golf was an absolute passion but since then I try to play 3 or 4 times a month and if I get around in less than 90 (bogey golf) I'm happy. I still get occasional streaks of subpar golf for 3 4 5 holes but then the doubles or triples show up.

I like your SCX2 setting - I usually play clean. I have to experiment more. My son occasionally plays on the SCX2 and he likes setting 13 - you can imagine what he plays.

Right now I'm trying to get a quick slap back delay on my SCX2 as I like working to play along with this song - chording and then the solo.

-Ed-

from Blaine Larsen's Song "If Merle Would Sing My Song"
Old 01-23-2018, 09:55 PM

Congrats on the Baja! I love mine! The twisted tele and broadcaster pick up combo kicks butt.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:00 AM

Congratulations. Beautiful guitar. I am waiting on a Butterscotch American Tele to arrive tomorrow.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh View Post
Congrats on the Baja! I love mine! The twisted tele and broadcaster pick up combo kicks butt.
Don't it though?! I usually like the neck pickup on a Tele much more than the bridge, but not on this one. I like them both equally and am really digging the two in parallel. They blend very nicely.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:08 PM

You are a better golfer than I. I just started played halfway seriously a couple years ago. Never played competitively though I did play a bit during my college days. My best round to date is 92. I love the game and love the time spent on the course with friends. Wish I had more time for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
Hey All,

Golf - well actually I played on my high school team, my junior college team but then went to a university without a team - my clubs were put away for years. Golf was an absolute passion but since then I try to play 3 or 4 times a month and if I get around in less than 90 (bogey golf) I'm happy. I still get occasional streaks of subpar golf for 3 4 5 holes but then the doubles or triples show up.

-Ed-
Old 01-24-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jskiles View Post
Congratulations. Beautiful guitar. I am waiting on a Butterscotch American Tele to arrive tomorrow.
Sweet. Post some pics when you get it. Love those Teles!
Old 01-24-2018, 01:29 PM

Congrats to the OP, I wanted one just like yours and settled for an Ash FSR. I did try out the Baja and the neck was nicer than the modern C on my FSR.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:19 PM

So refreshing to see a guitar plugged straight into an amp with no purple pedals in between.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:17 AM

Congrats! It’s my opinion that the Baja is the best bang for buck Telecaster — and maybe even electric guitar in general.

I got one myself about a year and a half ago: http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=439927

I need a Fender amp though! One of these days.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:55 AM

Does the Baja have a 1-11/16 nut or 1-⅝?
Old 01-25-2018, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David MacNeill View Post
Does the Baja have a 1-11/16 nut or 1-⅝?
The nut width is 1 5/8
Old 01-25-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David MacNeill View Post
So refreshing to see a guitar plugged straight into an amp with no purple pedals in between.
Pedals are just too confusing for me. I don't have the time or patience to sort through all the possibilities and issues with them. To be fair though, this amp has some modeling and effects that substitute for pedals so it's not like I'm always just playing the straight up clean channel. I do like a touch of reverb most of the time.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars